24 | Released

Normani

I was back in my dressing room waiting for the group to come in. I had just finished talking to Jimmy about the details of my new unreleased song. He congratulated me and I thanked him for inviting me on the show. We said our goodbyes and in came everyone.

"BÍTCH, YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING WITH ME!" I heard Laur shout. Before I could even look at her, I was tackled with a group hug.

"I AIN'T LETTIN' GO UNTIL YOU VERIFY THAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL." Dray yelled as he latched onto my leg. "This is real, y'all. I'm releasing a song!" I squealed. 

"How in the world did we not find out about this?" Eesh asked.

"Ya girl is pretty sly." I said with a smirk while shrugging my shoulders.

"Listen, all I know is we gotta celebrate the fact that my baby is releasing a song tomorrow." Kev said, bringing me in close to him.

"Hell yeah. Y'all down to go to Karma?" Klay asked everyone.

"Sounds like a plan." Steph said.

"Y'all already know Dray is ready." Dray replied, talking about himself in third person.

"Nor?" Laur asked.

"Let's get it!" I responded as everyone cheered. "Dray, you can let go of my leg now." I said, looking down at him.

"Fine." He huffed. I shook my head and proceeded to walk toward the door.

We headed out to the parking lot where two cars were waiting for us. The club wasn't too far from where we were, so it was a relatively short ride.

We arrived at Karma and of course were met with the lovely paparazzi. I heard them ask questions about Blessings, which was surprising to me. I didn't know that the news spread that fast.

We pushed through the paps and entered the club, immediately going to our normal V.I.P section. We all ordered drinks and danced to "Bodak Yellow" by Cardi B.

"SAID LIL BÍTCH, YOU CAN'T FÙCK WITH ME IF YOU WANTED TO,
THESE EXPENSIVE, THESE IS RED BOTTOMS, THESE IS BLOODY SHOES!" Dray screamed while drinking out of a 10,000 dollar champagne bottle that he bought ten seconds ago. I managed to get the whole thing on Snapchat.

The song ended and I heard a semi-familiar voice yell throughout the club

"So I hear we've got some stars in the building tonight." A mans voice said.