9 | The Date

Normani

"Eesh, does this look okay?" I asked her as I walked out of my closet.

Eesh picked out a moss green sweater dress from Armani and paired it with a pair of nude Louis Vuitton's

"Nor, you look hot! I'm proud of myself for this one." Ayesha exclaimed.

"KD gonna be lookin' at that cake all night long and I ain't talkin' about dessert!" She joked.

"Eesh!" I blushed.

Eight O'Clock rolled around faster than I expected and Kevin would be here any minute. To say I was nervous was a huge understatement. I couldn't stop fidgeting.

Eesh helped me with my makeup, hair, and outfit, so your girl was ready. We even sent Laur a picture of the finished product and got the okay, that's how you know you did good.

"Okay, its 7:53. He should be here any-" Ayesha was cut off by the sound of my doorbell.

"Oh my gosh Eesh, I don't think I can do this." I said as the nerves got to me.

"I don't think so. Nooooo way girl, you're not backing out now. You know it's the nerves speaking. There is a man standing on your porch who talks about you non-stop, who constantly asks about you, and who wants to take you to dinner. Get it together, Nor. This could be the start of forever." Eesh told me. What would I do without her.

"Thank you, Eesh." I said.

"You know I gotchu. Now go have fun, but not too much fun!" She replied, ushering me to the front door and running off.

I took a deep breath and opened my door to reveal a smiling Kevin.

He was dressed so put-together and he looked hot, to say the least

"You look beautiful." He said as I walked fully out of my house and shut the door.