5 | The Truth

^^^ look how cute he is 😭😭😭

Lauren

I parked in my driveway and entered my house, making sure to slam the door extra loud to let everyone know that I'm in bítch mode.

I saw Kevin laying on the couch. I went over and stood in front of him, waiting for him to acknowledge my presence.

He looked up at me. "Yeah?"

"You wanna explain your attitude?" I said, crossing my arms.

"What're you talking about?" He said, dismissing the claim.

"Don't play with me, Durant. You've been moody and distant." I said while glaring at him.

"I told you all, I'm just tired." Kevin said, huffing.

"Really? Is that so?" I sarcastically said.

"Yeah, it is." He said, but not without rolling his eyes. Does this man have a death wish? He's rollin' his eyes at the wrong one.

"What's your deal!? Are you really going to sit there and act like you're completely innocent? You've been treating Normani like she's not even a person. You must be stupid if you think I'm going to let you get away with that." I angrily shouted.

His ears perked at the mention of Normani.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said as he looked away.

I laughed. "Really? You're the only one out of the whole entire group that won't talk to her. You won't even look at her! For God's sake Kevin, you won't even give her the time of day!" I yelled. This man is really testing me.

"Why do you even care?" He said, finally looking at me.

"Why do I care? Really? Why do I care? She's sensitive Kevin! As soon as I dropped her off, she bursted into tears. Because of you! She barely knows you, yet you've already made her cry." I stated, still pissed off. His face dropped after I said she cried because of him.

"Your little episode at lunch was uncalled for. God, what are you, seven? She just moved out here and you've already got her wanting to go home because yes, she's that sensitive. Every time you're around you act completely different and she knows it's because of her. You better start fùcking talking before I-"

"I don't know how to talk to her!" Kevin exclaimed, cutting me off. I looked at him while furrowing my eyebrows.

"I barely know this girl and whenever she's around I start feeling some type of way. It scared me, Lauren. I've talked to her once and that was when I knocked her and her drink down. These feelings didn't make any sense, so I thought that if I ignored her, they'd go away." He said while putting his head in his hands. I was shocked. Kevin never and I mean never, talks about his feelings, especially about a girl.

"I can't believe I made her cry. I'm such a fùck up!" He yelled while getting up.

"Kevin, you can fix this, but you have to talk to her." I said, putting emphasis on have.

"No, it's too late now." He replied. I rolled my eyes.

"You know, I think you all would be a good fit for each other because you're both over-dramatic. Get your head out of your asś and talk to her after the game tomorrow. She'll be there." I said, looking at Kevin.