17 | Pre-reunion Shenanigans

Normani

"SHÍT. SHÍT. SHÍT." I shouted as I carried a hot pan over to the counter.

"You probably shouldn't pick up a pan that just came out of the oven, Nor." Dray stated.

I shot him a quick glare and began to ice the cake for tomorrow. Eesh wanted to get all the baking out of the way and deal with the cooking tomorrow. Laur was on one side of the counter making cookies while Eesh was on the other side mixing ingredients for an apple pie. The boys were in the backyard setting up tables and chairs. Dray on the other hand was just walking around the house pretending to help.

"Hey Dray, how about you make yourself useful and get me the chocolate chips out of the cabinet." Laur said.

"Sounds tempting, but I'll pass." Dray replied as he dipped his finger in the icing, tasting it.

"Draymond, I'm bout to smack you so hard your tampon's gon' fall out. Now get me the chocolate chips." Laur demanded while Dray obeyed her orders, then walked to the backyard with the rest of the boys.

"You good, Laur?" I asked my friend who seemed a little irritated today.

"I'm fine, just insanely tired. Addy kept me up all night." She huffed.

"Girl, go get some rest. Nor and I can hold it down." Eesh said to Laur.

"Yeah sis, you need some sleep. Grumpy Laur is my least favorite Laur." I joked.

"Are you guys sure?" Laur asked, uncertain.

"Yes Laur, go take a nap in one of the guest rooms. We got this!" Eesh exclaimed.

"Thank you so much. I need this." Laur said as she came over to give us both a quick hug. She then walked out of this kitchen and into one of the guest rooms.

"I remember when I went through those days. Riley would keep me up all night." Eesh said while placing a pie in the oven.

"I don't know how you guys do it." I replied.

"This will be you before you know it, Nor!" Eesh said with a smirk.

"Eesh, we've only been dating for two months, slow your role sista." I replied.

"Do you want kids, Nor?" Eesh asked, suddenly getting serious.

"Of course." I replied.

"The real question is, do you want kids with Kevin?" She asked.

"I wouldn't want anyone else to be the father of my children." I said, smiling at the thought.

"I'm so happy for you two. You all are truly meant to be. I'm glad you see a future with him." Eesh said as she returned a big smile.

"What's the point of dating someone if you can't picture a future with them? I'll never understand why people just date for the hell of it." I said.

"Preach it, girlie. Not everyone understands what true love is. Only those who are in love know the feeling and let me tell you, it's magical." Eesh said with the goofiest grin on her face. Her and Steph were the perfect example of true love. Klay and Laur obviously hold the title, too.