8 | I Sent It

Normani

My trip to LA was pointless. The manager who I was supposed to interview didn't even show. I'm glad I'm being taken seriously.

I was currently flying back to the Bay. I was going through my messages and saw I had one from Kevin.

Kevin:
Hey.

"Shit." I said to myself. He sent it yesterday and I probably look like I'm ignoring him. I texted him back anyways.

Normani:
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, yesterday was hectic.

I began to get nervous because it did seem like I was ignoring him and just coming up with an excuse. I also work myself up over little things like this. I took a deep breath and looked out of my jet window, hoping to calm myself down. My phone buzzed in my hand.

Kevin:
I'm sorry to hear that. How did the interview go?

The fact that he's actually interesting in hearing about things that anyone else would care less about made me thankful for texting him back.

Normani:
Well, the potential manager bailed on me, that was fun.

Kevin:
Their loss. I'll help you find a team if you need help. Can't wait to see you back in the Bay.

Normani:
That would be amazing, thank you! See you soon.

"Can't wait to see you back in the Bay." I may have died on the spot when I read that. I huffed and tried to put my feelings to the side.

I finally landed and made my way home. I was surprisingly full of energy and decided to meet up with Eesh. She wanted to update me on the plans for Laur's bachelorette party, which she put together.

I pulled in to Ayesha's house and knocked on the door.

"Hey girlie!" Eesh said as she opened the door, pulling me in for a hug.

"Oh my gosh Eesh, I'm in love with your house!" I compliment her. Their house was so big and beautiful.

"Thank you, Nor! Come on into the kitchen, I need some opinions on these ideas." Ayesha said while we walked into her huge kitchen.

She showed me the location and all the decorations for the party. I was impressed. Eesh did a damn good job.

"Okay I'm literally in love with all of this Eesh." I told her.

"That makes me feel ten times better. I just hope Laur likes it." Eesh replied.

"Trust me, she will!" I reassured.

"Soooooooo, Kevin Durant?" Eesh said, doing the eyebrow wiggle that seems to be popular amongst my friends.

"What about him?" I asked, trying to act like I didn't know what she was talking about.

Eesh gave me a look. "Alright, alright! He texted me yesterday, but I replied this morning because I didn't see it." I admitted.