15 | Explaining

Normani

I woke up this morning feeling like shít. I had makeup smudged all over my face and my hair was a mess. I was confused as to why my bed was empty and then remembered last nights events. I took a deep breath and squeezed my eyes shut to prevent the tears from falling.

I decided that a shower would help and hopped in. After, I went to my closet and debated on whether or not to put Kev's t-shirt on that he left here. I gave in and slipped it on and threw my hair up in a bun. I walked over to my mirror and as soon as I looked at myself, the tears began flowing. His scent on his t-shirt didn't help either. I managed to somehow get myself together and made my way downstairs to my living room.

I turned the tv on to try and take my mind off of everything, but nothing seemed to work. Every time I would think about it, I would get nauseous.

I turned my phone on and had multiple text messages and missed calls. Before I could go through them, I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was Kevin, I ignored it. I heard my door open and was about to scream until I saw Klay.

"I took Laur's key to your house because I knew you wouldn't answer." Klay stated.

"How're you holdin' up?"  He asked.

"I'm a mess." I replied.

"I'm not going to explain everything, because that's for them to do, but if I could get passed it, you can too, Nor." Klay said.

I just shook my head and headed for the kitchen. "My best friend and my boyfriend, Klay. I don't understand." I let out. I opened my fridge and grabbed two water bottles and slid him one as he sat down at the island.

"It's not what you think. Trust me." Klay said.

"Then what is it, Klay?" I asked as I began to get irritated. "My best friend and boyfriend have apparently been fùck buddies, how can you justify that? And why aren't you freaking out too?" I shouted.

Klay let out a sigh. "Nor, it's not what you think." He repeated. "I just wanted to come by and make sure you're okay. Please remember what I said and remember that Laur loves you, I love you, the crew loves you, and most importantly, Kevin loves you." Klay said as he got up to give me a quick hug and headed out the door.

"It's not what you think." I repeated to myself, hoping it would make me feel better.

The rest of my day went slow. I tried to occupy myself but my mind always drifted to the thought of Laur and Kev.

Kevin

I was on my way to Lauren and Klay's house. I couldn't sleep at all last night. She was all I could think about. She didn't answer any of my texts or calls, so I was nervous to say the least.

I arrived at their house and opened the front door. I walked in to see both of them sitting in their kitchen.

"I went over to Nor's earlier." Klay said as I came in.

"How is she?" Laur and I both asked in unison.

Klay sighed. "She looks like she hasn't stopped crying since yesterday."

"Fùck." I said to myself as I put my head in my hands.

"She thinks that this happened recently. As in behind her back." Klay added while he rubbed Laur's back.