14 | What Did You Say?

Normani

It has been a few weeks since Klay and Laur's wedding and they had just gotten back from their honeymoon. Kev and I planned a party for the both of them. The team and Eesh were attending and helping us get everything set up. It's kind of a welcome home/newly weds/thank you for hooking us up type party.

Everyone was told to wear either grey, white, or black so our group picture would be legendary. Kev rented out a bar nearby for the venue and we had a few hours before we had to leave.

"Used to Chef KD, now me and Chef, KD." Kev rapped along to Drake's song 'Free Smoke' as he watched me get ready.

"Baby, I don't know why you're puttin' all that makeup on. You look perfect with out it!" Kev said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I gave him the 'boi, shut up' look and continued to contour my face.

"You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up, to cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough." Kev belted the One Direction lyrics and pointed to me as he sang.

I couldn't help but laugh. "You've been hangin' around Dray too much." I told him.

"Hey, they're not as bad as I thought. Don't knock it till' you try it." He said and proceeded to sing the song.

I laughed again. "My gosh, I love you." I chuckled, but then stopped once I realized what I said. Kev turned the music off and looked at me.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"Kev, I didn't mean for it to be so soon, it slipped-" I was cut off by a kiss. The passion behind it was something I'd never felt before. We broke away before it got too heated.

"I love you too." He breathed while looking down at me. I let out a sigh of relief and hugged him like I didn't want to let go. This was our first time saying the 'L' word.

"Babe, I've been wanting to say that for so long. I was worried that it would scare you." K admitted.

"You have no idea how long I've been holding that in." I replied as he smiled his cute toothy grin.

"I could stay like this all day, but we have a party to host, babe." K said as he broke our hug. "But when we get home, it's game time." He smirked. I gasped and hit him in the chest while running into my closet to put on my outfit.

I chose a fitted Guess dress with cut-outs on the side and paired it with black Louis Vuitton heels