27 | Surprise

Normani

The whole jet ride back I was silent. I always get like this when I'm sad or upset. I showed Laur and Eesh the note to let them in on what was going on and they both assured me that everything would be okay.

I knew it wasn't a family emergency because he would've taken me with him. I couldn't help but worry about what he could possibly be doing. I knew I was overreacting but Kev hasn't answered any of my calls or texts, which isn't something he has ever done before.

"Nor, you look upset. Imma sing you a little song I wrote for you." Dray said, standing up from his seat. Before he began to serenade me, he put his finger up in the air and said, "wait!" He ran to the back of the jet and came back with a damn banjo. I'm not even going to ask where he got it from.

He began to strum.

"Normani,
She ain't no thotty,
very loyal to my man Kevy,
tells me I drink too much Henny,
but I love her anyway because she's my bff for lifey." Dray sang, way out of key.

I let out a small laugh and appreciated that Dray was trying to make me feel better. I decided to try and get some sleep to take my mind off of everything.

I awoke just as our jet landed. I got all of my stuff together and followed everyone off of the plane. "Are you okay, Nor?" Laur asked as we all waited for everyone to gather their belongings.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, trying to put on a reassuring smile. Laur gave me a "I know you're lying look".

"Nor, I promise you, everything is going to be fine." She said. I nodded my head and tried my best to smile. The whole crew said their goodbyes for the day and waited for our cars.

Our cars showed up and took all of us back home. I was anxious to see what I would walk into or if I would walk into anything for that matter.

We neared my house as I could see it from the car window. My driver kindly got all of my belongings out of the car for me and carried them to the door. I tipped him generously and watched him drive off.

I turned to my door, took out my key and unlocked it, bringing my bags in and lazily laying them down by the door.

The house looked untouched, it was almost scary.

As I walked into the main living room, I heard a loud noise right above me. Someone was in my bedroom. I assumed it was Kevin since the only other people that had a key to my house were Laur and Eesh.

As I was about to walk upstairs and rip Kev for not returning my calls/texts, I saw a pink bandana on the ground. My blood immediately ran cold. I don't know what dumb bimbo would wear a bandana as an accessory, but at that point, all I could see was red. I heard another loud noise which led me to believe what my head was telling me.

I marched up the stairs straight toward my bedroom. I opened the door and mildly prepared myself to see what I was dreading. Instead, I saw a spotless room with a puppy laying on top of my bed.