Burn 6

Her mind was panicking with fear and anger as she ran aimlessly down the halls. Tears fell down her cheeks, but she paid them no mind. She kept running, with no idea where she was going. All she wanted to do was get as far away from Jack as possible. She had no idea how long she ran. Her tears kept up, blocking her sight behind the wet mess.

Finally, she couldn't run anymore. Sucking in a half-sobbing breath, she came to a compete stop and tried to stem her tears. Her heart was pounding in her chest from all the physical exertion and the fear she was feeling. Cupping her face in her hands, she sobbed harder.

"Lady...you lost?" a young voice asked her.

Spinning on her heel, she stared down into a face that made her knees go weak. Falling to the floor, she couldn't speak. A boy of about five years old who looked exactly like Derek, except for his dark green eyes, watched her worriedly. "Lady, you lost?" he asked again. He nervously plucked at his black shirt, as she continued to just stare at him. He frowned after a second. "You're human, lady. Why are you here?"

Swallowing, feeling her confusion grow even more, she let out a shaky laugh. "I don't really know. I don't want to be here, that's for sure. I'm...I'm looking for my children. H-have you seen any more kids around here?"

His dark green eyes brightened. He nodded excitedly. "Yep." He reached out his hand for hers. "I'll show you!" he grinned. Slowly, Kelly rose to her feet, sliding her hand into his, finding it cold, exactly like Derek's, Jack's, and Felix's. She gulped, trying to force back the thoughts that popped up in her mind.

It can't be true, she insisted in her mind. I can't be Jack's long-lost wife. There's just no way. I don't even know him, remember nothing about him. Besides, how could I really forget my entire life? I remember my childhood...

As she thought it, she tried to think back...But she couldn't recall the faces of her parents and she couldn't remember anything about her life, except very vague hints. Her memories only became clear when she met Derek. Biting her lip, she forced herself not to think on it right now. Too many things had happened today for her to be able to handle much more.

The boy pulled her forward insistently. "What's your name, lady?" he asked as he led the way.

"Kelly Colton," she answered. But even as she said it, a prick of doubt came over her. Shaking her head, she reminded herself once more to stop second-guessing herself. She knew who she was. There was no way that she wasn't Kelly Colton. Her Social Security card, Birth Certificate, Driver's License, Passport, and Visa were all sitting back at her house. All of them said what she knew. Her name was Kelly Colton and she had been married to Derek Colton for the past seven years. She had gotten pregnant before they had been married, but right after Lily was born, they made it official.

Even so, a tiny voice in the back of her mind whispered that perhaps she wasn't as sure about all of that as she was when she woke up this morning...

"I'm Luke Frost," the boy told her brightly. "It's nice to meet you. I'm glad you're here. I've never get to play with other kids. Mother says I can't lower myself to play with servants. And most Others don't like cold. So I'm always alone. Are you going to stay?"

Kelly blinked, glancing down at the little boy. "I...w-well, um..."

"We're here! Everyone sat down to eat. You should eat too!"

The boy pushed open a door into a dinning room so huge it made Kelly feel like an ant in comparison. She stared around her in a daze. Just where had Jack brought them all to?

Shouts of worry and joy filled the air, three seconds before she was tackled and laid out flat on the ground. Two bodies, one cold, the other warm, wrapped themselves around her. Recognizing them, Kelly's arms squeezed both tightly as more tears pooled into her eyes.