Burn 11

After a three hour long drive, they reached the resort. The 'resort' was a huge, twelve-story hotel, situated near a beach, only about two miles from the coast. This was the first time Nisha had seen the ocean in the Other Realm. She was quite surprised; having not realized this world had one. When she brought it up, Jack just shook his head at her. "Do you realize how many mythological creatures exist in the ocean?" he asked. Blushing, she tapped the side of her temple, a show of Right. Dumb me.

Getting out of the car, Jack took out two of the suitcases, Aiden grabbing the other one. Nisha had been able to fit all of her and Sera's things in one case, as well as Aiden and Felix's in another. Jack had packed his before they did the kids, so he had one all to himself. Nisha took hold of Felix and Sera's hands. She shot Jack an annoyed glare. "You never said we were swimming. We didn't even bring swimsuits with us from the Human World."

Grinning, Jack led the way, glancing over his shoulder. "Don't worry. There's a huge shop in here and they have plenty of swimsuits, in all shapes and sizes."

Aiden walked by Sera's side, so he was able to catch her soft whisper. "This is crazy..."

Smiling himself, he leaned closer to her, making her blink and look up. His smile made his face glow, his turquoise eyes sparkling with mirth and happiness. It was quite obvious he had inherited Jack's magnetic, handsome looks, plus a lot of his personality, by his words. "But isn't crazy more fun?" Chuckling, he sped forward to catch up with his dad, whistling under his breath.

Sera stared after him in a daze. Nisha glanced between the two, having caught the little exchange. She laughed herself. Sera blinked, looking up at her, still wearing a dazed expression. "Don't worry, honey. That's just how the Frosts seem to be." Then she frowned. "Man, with a smile like that, Aiden's going to have all the girls chasing after him." She closed her eyes in brief prayer. "Don't grow up to be a player. Don't grow up to be a player," she begged the universe. "Be like Jack, only interested in one woman..."

Felix giggled. "Mommy funny. What we play?"

Nisha smiled down at him. "A game you have to be a little older for, baby." Then she sighed. "I bet you'll be just the same when you're older." She turned back to Sera. "Us girls have to stick together, among all these crazy dudes," she grinned.

Jack stopped and turned right outside the entrance to the hotel. "What are you lot muttering about? I know I heard my name..." He narrowed his eyes.

"We play older me game," Felix explained.

Frowning in confusion, Jack raised a brow. "Uh...what?"

Reaching Jack, Nisha dropped Sera's hand to pat his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. It's nothing important."

He slowly smiled. "You realize that just makes me want to know more, don't you?" He reached out and wrapped an arm around Aiden, pulling the boy against his chest. "Tell me," he demanded in a playful snarl. "Tell me or the boy gets it!"

Nisha tried to fight back giggles. "I'll never tell!" she declared dramatically.

Felix and Sera shared a confused, but amused look. Jack stared down into Aiden's bright eyes, speaking in a heavy voice. "Your commanding officer is a hard nut to crack. For that I give you my condolences." Without pause, he began to tickle Aiden. The boy let out loud shrieks of laughter, quickly loosing his breath. Nisha glanced between the two, smiling. It was a really cute picture the two made, so very like one another.

Hands reaching out, Aiden begged her between breathless giggles. "M-Mom...p-p-please!"

She placed a hand over her heart, the other on Jack's arm. "Please, sir, I'll talk. Stop torturing the boy! He still has a long life ahead of him."