Burn 17

Feeling nervous, Nisha kissed the kids on the forehead good night, before waving goodbye as she stepped out into the hall. She glanced down at her dress, praying that the dress really did look good on her. She was a little worried that perhaps she had gone a bit too overboard with her outfit. She had never worn a dress like this before meeting Jack and not since she was kidnapped. She sighed at the thought. Really, it seemed like way too much of her life she had been at the receiving end of kidnappings.

Shaking the thoughts off, she started toward the elevator. She had to go a little slowly, as the heels were a lot more than she was use to wearing. As she walked toward the elevator, it suddenly opened. She jerked a little in surprise, especially after she saw who was walking out of the elevator. "Oberon?" she called out. The man can fill out a suit...like, geez.

A pair of brilliant blue eyes, just like Jack's, latched onto her. Seeing them, she couldn't help but feel uneasy. Her arms came up and wrapped around her chest, hiding it from view. As soon as she did, the...insane level of lust she saw in Oberon's eyes vanished. The clear, crystal blue returned, instead of the dark midnight shade it had become. She wondered if perhaps her paranoid brain had honestly just seen something that wasn't there. He cleared his throat and his eyes swept up and down her body. "Well...Do you always get this dressed up for an evening out?"

Still feeling a little on-edge, Nisha shook her head, chuckling nervously. "No, I'm on my way to a diner date," she explained. She wanted to get to the elevator, but Oberon was still standing just past the doors, blocking her way. "In fact, I really do need to be on my way or I'll be late." Get the message and move, she begged internally.

Oberon blinked, nodding his head and blushing a little. "Oh! Right, sorry." He stepped forward and to the right, out of her way.

Nisha flashed a small smile of thanks before starting forward. As she passed by him, she thought she heard him speak. But his voice was so faint..Surely she had just imagined it. It was just her own mind and ears playing tricks on her, twisting up her own thoughts, feelings, and uncertainties about her relationship with Jack.

When she reached the elevator doors, she turned her head at his voice. "You look beautiful. Good luck on your date. I can only hope, sometime soon, I'll be fortunate enough to share an evening with Millie, myself."

She pressed the button the open the doors, stepping inside. Facing him, she waved goodbye. "Don't worry. If you really love Millie, I'm sure she'll see that...Well, have a good night. See you another time." She pressed the button for the third floor and watched the doors slowly close on the view of Oberon in his dove-grey suit. His eyes, as he disappeared out of view, held a weird light. Behind the relative safety of the elevator doors as the metal box began to descend, the words she thought she had heard echoed in her mind.

Planning to fuck Jack again, I see?

Shaking her head once again, Nisha brushed a stray strand of hair from her face. Two seconds later, the elevator shook slightly as it came to a stop, a little ding ringing in her ears as the doors opened. Stepping out, she glanced around before turning left and starting down the hallway. After passing several different restaurants, she came across one with a short sign out front that proclaimed 'The Drezmar Royal'. Pausing a few feet away, she took in a deep breath to steady her nerves. Her left hand clenched into a fist and she moved it behind her back in an effort to hide her discomfort. She closed her eyes.

Calm down, she sternly told herself. This isn't a real date. Stop thinking about it like it is...

After another few seconds, she nodded her head shortly and started into the restaurant. Stepping inside, she was quickly greeted by a man, about thirty or so, with slicked back brown hair in a black suit. His watery green gaze appraised her appearance and Nisha could only guess that she had passed some sort of test or something. His thin smile grew a little more and his brown eyes warmed by several degrees. "Madam, do you have a reservation?"