Burn 7

The room Kelly was guided to was large, Jack certainly hadn't been kidding about that. It was almost double the size of the living room and kitchen put together of her newest home...or, where she had lived up until just a few hours ago. Sighing at the thought, she took in the room. It was done in a soft, pastel green, with white trim. A door on the far right led off to a bathroom. She could tell by the fact that someone had left it half open, able to see the linoleum floor. The far left wall of the room were two doors that were closed and she assumed were meant to be closets. In the center left side of the giant room was a miniature living room. It made her blink in surprise.

There was a white couch, with a pale green throw over it as a warmer form of a couch cover. Next to the couch was a love seat, in the same style as the couch. And angled across from both, so that the screen could be easily seen, was a 40" TV. It was sitting on a pale oak miniature entertainment stand. Behind the 'living room', directly to her left, turning from the bedroom entrance, was a larger cabinet of the same design. It looked large enough to easily hold all the many DVDs, Blu-Rays, and CDs that she had collected over the years, mostly for the kids. To her right, on the wall of the entrance, was a bookshelf though it was mostly empty. Opposite the entertainment area was a play area. There was even a road map for cars and a train map, plus a large oak toy chest against the right side wall, ten feet from the bathroom door. Still on the right wall, though on the far side of the bathroom door, were two adult-sized dressers.

Directly across from the bedroom entrance two queen-sized beds were placed in the room. The large beds were next to one another, taking up the whole back wall, with only a small nightstand in between them. It looked very similar to how hotel rooms with double beds looked. But, if she was really going to be sharing this room with three young children, the two large beds were a bit overkill. Even so, she knew that Lily and Felix would want to sleep close to her, so they'd be sharing one of the two huge beds.

With how large the room was, it looked light and airy, very welcoming to her at the moment. The past several hours had been nothing but none-stop tension, fear, confusion, frustration, and worry. But walking into the room Kelly felt a small amount of the pressure on her shoulders lift. She smiled a little, and it wasn't even that much of a forced smile.

Felix spotted her first. Grace and the children had all been sitting in the entertainment area, while, judging by what she was hearing, Zootopia played. Jumping up from where he had been sitting in Lily's lap, he hurtled straight for her arms. "Mommy, Mommy!" he cried in a mix of worry, excitement, and elation. Catching him to her chest, she fought to stay strong and not let her emotions take over. She forced herself to calm down. If nothing else, she had her children with her. If nothing else, they hadn't been harmed.

At the thought, the faint aches from her bruises spiked, as if in remainder. Well, she thought sourly, mostly unharmed, anyway. Pushing back the thought and the pain, she ran her hand over the back of Felix's head. "Its okay, honey. You didn't have to worry. We were just talking." Taking his hand in hers, she led the way back to the couch. Grace got off the couch and moved to sit next to Luke on the love seat. Kelly sat in her vacated seat in the middle. Instantly, Felix was crawling into her lap. Lily on her right side pressed closer. After a second, Grace unpaused the movie.

Kelly turned her attention to it. Surprisingly, they weren't incredibly far in. Only to the point where the fox first appeared and worked on his popsicle scam. Reassured to have her near, the kids quickly refocused on the movie. Ten minutes later, Kelly glanced to her left out of the corner of her eye.

Aiden sat on her left side. He had his legs curled up under him, his body pressed as close to the arm of the couch as possible. His turquoise eyes were turned to the movie. But every minute or so, Kelly would spot him cut her a quick glance. Each time she did, she felt her stomach clench. Her mind spun, remembering what Jack had said...What he had begged of her.