Burn 19

Nisha watched the vaguely familiar school grow closer and closer as Jack drove down the school's front entrance. She had only attended for a year so it didn't look incredibly familiar after seven years. But it also certainly didn't look completely different either. In fact, from what she remembered, it seemed the place hadn't changed at all. She let out a small breath as Jack slid into a space close to the front entrance and turned off the car.

He twisted in his seat to talk directly to the kids. "Okay guys. This is going to be your new school from now on. Welcome to the Royal Academy of the Other Realm. But that's a mouthful, so just the Royal Academy or Academy for short," he muttered.

Sera's grey eyes were wide as she took in the opposing site. It was like some fantasy castle mixed with a Victorian-era mansion and school. Swallowing, she held her tongue from telling Jack that she would never go to this school. She wasn't some...some 'Other'. She was human. A regular human girl named Lily Colton.

Aiden's face was excited. "I finally get to attend school in the Other Realm?" he asked breathlessly. "I can't wait!"

Jack chuckled as he unbuckled his seat belt and started to climb out of the car. Half a second later he was opening the door behind him and getting Felix out of his car seat. "I'm amazed you're that excited for school, but that's a good thing I suppose. And yeah, you'll all eventually get to visit my old haunting grounds."

Aiden frowned. "Literally?"

Nisha was confused for half a second by what the boy meant. "What?"

"Ghosty?!" Felix cried in a mixture of worry, fear, and excitement.

Shaking his head, Jack hurried to rectify the misunderstanding. "No, not literally. I'm not a ghost, though there is the Spectra family that attends this school as well."

"You aren't helping," Nisha warned him as Felix whimpered a little.

"I scared, Daddy."

Jack tried to smile, tone apologetic. "Uh...my bad. I'm sorry, Felix. Don't worry, no ghost will get you. You be just fine as long as you stick with Daddy."

The toddler slipped down Jack's side, standing on his feet, though he gripped his father's hand tightly. "...'K..."

Aiden and Sera climbed out, Nisha placing herself in between them to hold one of their hands. "Lets go meet the Headmaster," Jack murmured as he locked the car behind them and lead the way inside. 

Stepping through the school entrance, Nisha paused to take in the sight. Really...Nothing seemed to have changed, from what little she remembered. The shoe lockers were still in the front, as were the main lockers out in the branching hallway. The halls were mostly empty, but there were a few older students hanging out in the hallway. The students watched their group in curiosity, but stayed out of their way.

Jack made a left turn and a little bit more than halfway down the hallway was the same door that read 'Office'. Jack strolled in as carefree as always, the rest of his group following with a bit more of an uncertain air.

Sitting behind a desk right across from the school office door was a elderly woman who had sleepy snakes in her hair and drowsy grey-white eyes that seemed permanently half-open. "Yes?" the woman asked in a gravely, harsh voice.

"I'm here to see the Headmaster and speak to him about student enrollment." Jack's voice was politely pleasant.

The woman stared at Jack hard for several seconds. "Hmm...a Frost. I should have known when the temperature dropped so much all of a sudden. Student enrollment?" She leaned forward over her desk slightly, looking the very image of an old crone. She even cackled like one as she took in the twins with a sharp gaze, for someone who looked as if they were constantly on the verge of falling asleep. "Hmm...Quite strong, yes. Quite raw...Quite intriguing, yes..."