Burn 12

Aiden learned the hard way his younger sister wasn't a push over. But she could play fair and, after letting him squirm a little, she shared three of the sushi rolls, leaving three for herself. Once everyone was settled in their seats and starting on their meal, Jack cleared his throat. "Alright. This is suppose to be a family bonding trip, so let's get to know one another. I'll ask a question and everyone has to answer truthfully, okay?" He looked at each in turn, waiting until he got a nod from everyone. "Right. I'll start it off then. What's your favorite color? I, personally, like green." He pointed a hand gun at Felix, to his left. "Clock-wise, Felix, go!"

Felix clapped his hands, squirming in his seat. "I like green!"

Jack grinned, reaching out to nudge the top of the toddler's head. "What? No way. That's awesome!"

Next in line, Nisha smiled. "I like red."

Sera thought about it for a second. "I use to like pink a lot, but lately I've been liking orange too. So...coral," she decided.

Jack frowned. "Coral?" he repeated uncertainly. "What's that?"

"A pinkish-orange," his daughter explained. "Aiden's turn," she declared.

The oldest frowned for a moment. "Um...I'm torn between silver and blue, honestly. I like both."

"Well, they go great together, so that works," Jack grinned. "On to the next question! What...is your favorite season?" he threw out a hand, spreading it out to indicate all of them.

As one Felix, Nisha, and Sera all smiled widely. "Winter," they said in the same instant.

Laughing, Aiden nodded. "Winter."

Jack frowned. "C'mon, guys...Well, this is the Frost family, so what was I really expecting? Hmm...Can you guess mine?" he chuckled. "Alright, next question. What is your favorite food? I'm a big fan of sweets. Give me chocolate and I'm happy."

"Bacon!" Felix's arm shot up.

Nisha leaned over and wiped at some of the mess the toddler was making. "Fried rice. I love the stuff."

"Spicy tuna sushi roll," the twins answered together.

Jack raised a hand to his temple. "Okay, so color, food, season..." he ticked off a mental checklist. "Let's see. Favorite movie?"

"Elf!"

"Beauty and the Beast," Nisha answered.

"Frozen," Sera replied after taking a sip of her sweet tea.

"...The Road to El Dorado," Aiden answered after thinking about it for a second.

Jack tapped his forehead. "Hmm...Got to go with The Mask. Okay, so...moving on from the amateur league, let's crank this up a notch." He paused to take a few bites. "This is some great food, my compliments to the chef," he murmured. "So...what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Felix frowned. "Um...Police!"

Jack's eyes widened. "What? No way, Felix! That was my goal at your age."

"I just like Daddy," Felix smiled.

Jack nodded. "It's almost a little scary," he murmured, picking up a piece of his chicken with chopsticks.

Nisha pursed her lips in thought. "Well, when I was younger, I wanted to be a writer. But now I'm a mom."

Sera nudged her mother with her elbow. "Mom, you write stories now too. You have that website. I wonder if any of your readers are wondering what happened. You use to post every day or two."