1

Do you sometimes purposely dream a specific scenario so you don't feel as empty and alone anymore?

Well I do that and my dreams are always covered in a green light. I can hear my little brother laughing and the loving words of my parent's while we walk through a forest just nearby our old hometown. There are birds singing and the sound of splashing water –

''Cat, wake up – your shift is over!'' suddenly someone exclaimed and I was brought back to reality, a dirty and cold reality. I was so sure that I only closed my eyes for a few seconds but I must have been sleeping for some longer time now. I stood up from my seat in front of the counter and brushed the dust off from my apron.

The bar in which I was working at was good filled and I could hear the drunken people laugh friskily.

When I turned around I looked up to a tall guy, who was smiling sheepishly at me: '' the boss told you if he finds you sleeping again he will kick you out.''

''I know Johnny.'' I brushed his comment off and nudged him into his side.

''If you and your little brother can wait for four hours I will bring you some leftovers from the kitchen.'' He announced and I immediately felt happy inside.

After the loss of our parents, my coworker Johnny Seo was the only one who helped me and my brother out. He was a foreigner just like us and he was also the same age as me, so we quickly became friends.

After we lost our big house he also helped us finding an apartment, even though it was just a one-room flat and in one of the not so beautiful districts of Seoul. One good thing was that the bar was only five minutes away from our flat though.

I gave Johnny my apron and after I packed my things I went out into the night.

The little alley was filled with people who enjoyed the night life and I stood there a little bit dizzy from the summer breeze.

After our parents died I needed to quit college and go to work because someone needed to make a living and my brother was just too small to do that. While thinking of him I reached out for my old phone so I could tell him that I would be home soon.

The moment I wanted to dial his number I could hear a familiar voice calling my name.

I turned around and saw a shock of black hair and lean figure running towards me. I quickly realized that it was my seventeen year old brother.

''Speaking of the devil...'' I wanted to say but when I saw his face coming closer I realized that something bad had happened. He stopped in his tracks and reached out for my arm to grab it.

''Mark... what is going on?'' I got out.

''Cat – we need to run, now! I got us some tickets – we can finally go home!'' he exclaimed with a hasty voice. I did not know what he meant because we did not even had enough money to buy us food, so how did he got us tickets for Canada?

Before I could even say something he had dragged me out of the alley into the night life. For a few seconds we only wriggled ourselves through the masses of people that were walking around Seoul.

''We need to get to the next Subway Station – I know a shortcut.'' Mark announced while breathing heavily from the running.

He dragged me out of the masses and now we were walking through dark alleys again.

When we entered one at the very end of the street Mark started to slow down a little bit.

''Mark Lee, what is going on?'' I was furiously asking when I catched my breath.

''It does not matter, the only thing that matters is that we go to the airport and –'' but Mark was cut off.

Something or more so someone was calling as loud as possible: ''We found you!''

When I turned around my heart started to race like crazy. At the very entrance of the alley I could see three shadows walking towards us.

''Who are they?'' I got out but Mark only cursed something under his breath and grabbed my arm again to drag me further away.

We ran for two seconds when we were met by a brick wall and with a loud: ''Shit!'' I realized that it was a deadlock.

I was afraid. Not for my safety... but for Mark's. I did not know what was happening or why it was happening and when I turned around my mood did not get any better at all.

I bumped into something and fell to the ground. Normally I would have shouted in pain but in this moment I could feel nothing – I was numb from the things that were happening.

''Cat!'' my brother screamed in shock and wanted to help me but someone was already dragging me up. Just now I realized that it was not something but someone who had pulled me onto my feet again. When I looked up I almost tripped over again because of how giant the man was who was standing in front of me. When he started to talk I became so much more startled because of his dark and husky voice: ''You should watch out where you are going...''

Bizarrely his face was smiling cheekily while saying that. I was confused because he looked like someone who could easily squash you with his black slick hair and tall figure.

Next to him was someone who was smugly staring down upon me and my brother: he was a much smaller guy with a cute, baby like face and brown colored hair.

''Hyung, you should catch her, not help her.'' Suddenly I could hear a soft whisper.

The two men stepped aside and someone came forward from behind them. The moment he made himself visible to me I felt goosebumps covering my whole body.

It was a lean, tall man with dark hair and a sharp face. When I looked closely at his face I could not even believe that it was real: It was perfect – from his sharp eyebrows to his almond shaped eyes, to his lips.

''Where is the money?'' the perfect man suddenly asked towards Mark's direction.

''I – I don't have it anymore.'' Mark stuttered out and now I could clearly hear the lump in his throat.

For a second the perfect guy stood still, his dark eyes emotionless and cold, until he announced:

''Take them to the car.''

I felt panic rise in me so I asked: ''Wh-Which car?''

''To be honest, we should just kill them off.'' Suddenly the cute one stated and now I was totally freaking out. It was crazy how such an innocent looking guy could say something like that.

''Baekhyun Hyung, the boss said catch him – so we are going to catch him, okay?'' Mr. Perfect announced now with a much more determent voice.

I was planning on how my brother and I could possibly escape but there was literally no chance.

The giant man whose name was apparently Chanyeol reached out for his collar and loosened his black tie. I felt my heart starting to race faster through nervousness.

''Please leave my sister out of it – '' Mark tried to defend me but it was already too late. Chanyeol had put his tie around my eyes.

I did not know what to do, I wanted to defend myself and Mark but I was just too shocked to move, I could not even say anything and therefore I hated myself.

Slowly I felt someone grabbing my arm and leading me somewhere. I was happy that I could somehow ask for my brother.

''Mark?'' I whispered into the night.

''I am here Cat.'' He only responded.

After we walked for quite some time I could hear car doors opening: and shortly after that I was sitting on some leather seats.

The last thing I could hear was Mr. Perfect's smooth voice and how it announced: ''Start the engine, Kyungsoo hyung.''