37 [Finale]

I think we dream about the things we want the most in life. Do you remember what I dreamed about all the time? I would walk through the light-flooded forest, hand in hand with my parents and my little brother. Tonight I dreamed the same thing again but my parents and Mark were walking in front of me, laughing and goofing around. I was walking behind them and holding onto someone's hand. When I shifted my eyes towards the person who was holding me close, I realized that it was Sehun. He was smiling at me and there was nothing but love glimmering in his eyes. Yes, I still believe it: We dream about the things we want the most in life.

When I opened my eyes, all the beautiful feelings that had flooded my body were gone in a heartbeat. My body felt sore and the only thing I saw was a white ceiling and cold light shining down onto my sensitive eyes. Was I lying in a bed? I turned around and met eyes with someone who was sitting next to me. It was Chanyeol who looked at me, his big, brown eyes filled with the most indescribable glimmer of something I could not describe. His upper body was bare and his left shoulder was bandaged. It dawned onto me... everything that had happened started to appear in front of my eyes

''Sehun...'' I mumbled, feeling the tears in my eyes. The things that had happened were flickering through my head like a movie, making me feel a weird heaviness on my chest. My breath became quicker and I felt cold sweat running down my back. Blank panic set in.

''Sehun...oh god... no...'' was the only thing I got out whistling, gasping for air.

''Cat... calm down, he is okay... he is alive... hey...he is here in the hospital...''

''Mark... and Johnny?'' I asked after my heart felt a little bit lighter.

''We brought them home, Kyungsoo is with them. They are safe, don't worry.'' Chanyeol's word lingered in the air and I needed a few seconds to really understand what he had actually said but the moment I did, my body did something indescribable. I reached out for him and slung my shaking arms around him, pressing him hard onto me. He was surprised and my touch made his shoulder ache.

''argh...'' he hissed in pain and I immediately let go.

''Sorry.'' I mumbled but was quickly interrupted. Chanyeol grabbed my wrist and pulled me in again. He put his muscular arms around me and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

''No, I am sorry. It was selfish of me to leave my friends alone...'' he mumbled with tears in his eyes. There it was again... my heart could not handle it. With an ugly sob I accepted his hug and put my arms around him so I could pull him in as close as possible.

''Just because I love you does not mean that you need to love me back.'' He got out. I did not know what to say to that. I was only holding onto him really tightly, until I realized what exactly he had told me.

''I need to go to Sehun.'' I declared and let go. I wanted to stand up but realized that something was holding me down. There was a stinging sensation around my arm and when I looked down I noticed that a cannula was stuck in my arm and that the tube was leading to an infusion that was next to the bed.

''They took care of you because you were totally exhausted, so please rest. Sehun is right next to your room and alright, I promise.'' Chanyeol tried to calm me down but I did not care about his words. In one jolt I ripped the cannula out of my arm and stood up. My arm was hurting and my legs were shaking but it did not matter. All I wanted to be was in Sehun's arms! I ran out of the room. ''Cat, wait!'' I could hear Chanyeol screaming and running after me but it was too late.

He said that Sehun was in the room next to me so I opened the door without even knocking. I peeked into the sterile, white room, where the morning sun was shining into and the sheer curtains were flowing through the window. Suho and Baekhyun were sitting around a bed and turned around in surprise when the door opened. Looking at their exhausted features made me paralyzed; I could not say anything... or move.