8

It was late at night when Kyungsoo walked inside the gym. I was still trying to figure out how a gun was working when I heard his smooth voice.

''Baekhyun, Chanyeol – our boss calls you, he needs you to get a job done.''

Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who had worked out with some free weights, turned around to face Kyungsoo.

''And he said that Sehun should drive Cat home.'' he added with a little sigh.

I quickly turned around to look out for Sehun, who had a literal fight with a punch bag a few seconds ago, but he was still looking into the void with an expressionless face.

We did not talk. Not when we walked to the car and also not while he drove me home.

The night was more chilly than expected and the city lights gave me a good sight of the man who sat next to me on the driver's seat. His prominent eyebrows twitched in concentration while stared at the road in front of us.

The silence between us was so weird that I reached out to turn the radio on. A slow song started to play that filled the car with a warm tune. It was a ballad in which a woman and man sang softly about their love that was similar to rain. It was a beautiful song.

After a few seconds past, I turned away from Sehun to face the window. The song was still playing softly while I was staring out into the night.

Couples were walking hand in hand, children were still playing, families were laughing.

The last days were so exhausting and now the tiredness set in. It's raining again today, raining so painfully. Just like the day I let you go, that I let you go. It was the last thing I heard before my eyes fell shut.

There was no sun or forest but only snow and darkness.

We were at the parking lot in front the Rogers Arena and it looked like there was an ice hockey game about to start. My family and I were often here to watch the Canucks win against their opponents.

''Let's go, Cat!'' Mark shouted happily and grabbing my hand so that he could drag me further to the arena.

''Wait, we are too fast – Mom and dad need to catch up!'' I tried to calm my little brother down but giggled at his cute action.

''Lee Se Na!'' Suddenly I heard a voice calling for me. There was only one person who called me that! It was my mother's voice. I turned around but there was no one. The only thing I saw was a big trail of something red on the white snow. It surrounded something small and shiny. I felt my stomach turn and my heart race like crazy. Slowly I let go of Mark's small hand and walked a few steps back. When I arrived at the gruesome scene I realized that the shiny thing was the big, golden ring my father had bought my mother for their 20th wedding anniversary. I could identify this piece of jewelry in midst of thousands. But where were my parents?

''It's so sad...'' Mark who was next to me whispered. He kneeled down and took the ring from the ground.

''They even took their symbol of love away.'' He explained with teary eyes.

Just now I felt the panic rise inside of me that I had experienced somewhere before in my life.

''Who, Mark?'' I asked with a trembling voice.

''The ones that killed them, Lee Se Na.'' Mark answered, turning his head to face me.

Lee Se Na? Why was he suddenly calling me by my real name? Lee Se Na, Lee Se Na – again and again.

Just now I realized that it did not come from Mark but from someone else. Slowly I opened my eyes a little bit to see that someone was bending over me. It was a beautiful face. It was Sehun's beautiful face.

''Lee Se Na, we are home.'' he was whispering, trying to wake me up.

I could not react; I was so numb and tired, so that my eyes automatically fell shut again.

''Fuck...'' Sehun cursed under his breath. But then I could feel myself strangely being lifted up.

Sehun wrapped me up gently in his arms and when I rested my head on his shoulders I knew that I was safe. It was a feeling I never had before. I knew that I should have been afraid of him but I just could not. Even though there was the clear smell of smoke in his jacket, it was overplayed with the scent of an aftershave that smelled like chamomile and daisies. It made me feel so calm.

The chilly breeze from outside was long gone when Sehun grabbed the key's out of my jacket and opened the apartment door. He carried me all the way inside up till my bed.

Slowly and gently he placed me on top of it. For a few seconds I laid there, not knowing how to react to this situation. I was asleep but somehow fully awake.

I could hear him sigh in frustration when he placed the blanket over my body. For the first time in ages I felt cared about and the weirdest thing was that the affection came from Sehun. It was so cold inside this room and no one was there anymore. Not even Mark. I was all alone.

I could hear his footsteps the moment he tried to go away and that was the point I knew that I needed to do something. Like a reflex I reached out my hand and it was a miracle that I actually met his sleeve.

''Please...stay.'' Was the only thing I got out while still having my eyes shut.

For a few seconds there was no reaction, no movement, until I could feel him freeing himself from my grab and walking towards the bed.

I felt the bed sheets moving and then the presence of someone right next to me.

''I will wait until you are fully asleep.'' Was the last thing I could remember hearing before I peacefully gave myself away to the land of dreams. I wished for no more nightmares but maybe a beautiful dream. Maybe a dream about Sehun and me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Did someone recognize the song that was playing in the car? I actually listened to it while writing! It was Rain by Baekhyun ft. Soyou. ^^

You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i-930z36zo