30

''So... which one of you did it?'' Jongdae was the first one to break the silence. His eyes were glimmering in anger and fixating Baekhyun, Sehun and me.

''What are you talking about, Jongdae?'' Baekhyun hissed back, trying to dry the tears that were still on his face.

''You came into the room and just a few seconds later the cops arrived, don't you think that isn't a little bit suspicious?'' Jongin added into the conversation. I could not believe what they said!

''That does not make any sense! They have also arrested our boss!'' I stated with an angry undertone.

''The cops also said that it was an anonymous caller.'' Minseok calmly noted and supported me with that... wow, what a surprise!

''But who could that be?'' Jaehyun asked.

That was the questions, who would call the cops on both of them, Yixing and Suho? Think, Cat, think! Suddenly a light dawned on me; ''It must be someone who saw that Suho was inside the building because that was the only time in which the cops could catch both of them.''

''P.!'' Baekhyun and Sehun both got out simultaneously.

''But why P.? That does not make sense!'' Taeyong suddenly exclaimed and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

''We saw him standing around the front yard, he must have spied on you!'' Baekhyun tried to explain. Silence settled into the room. We were all staring at each other, not sure what to do.

''That's not the most important thing! The first thing we need to do is get them out... and for that we need to work together.'' I explained and could not even believe what I said. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes and baffled expressions on their face. I sighed and walked towards Yixing's desk that I was already familiar with.

''Hey - What are you doing?'' Jongdae gasped in shock but I did not care anymore.

''Do you want to free Yixing, or not?'' I asked with a strong voice and looked at my enemies, one by one.

''Of course.'' Doyoung answered for himself and his colleagues.

''Then let's hope that he left the USB-Stick here. The only way we can free Suho and Yixing is by finding something with which we can blackmail either the judges or the crown attorneys... There is no way that they would release someone on bail for committing murder and homicide... so this is our only chance.''

''Your brain is working dangerously fast, Cat...'' I could hear Baekhyun mumble into the room which resulted in me cracking a small smile that quickly vanished when I opened the drawer of the desk and fumbled around inside of it... Something small and golden was sparkling inside of the dark space that was filled with cigarettes, pens and paperclips. How could I forget about it? I felt my vision getting blurry and cold sweat forming on my forehead... could it be... mom's ring?

''Is the USB-Stick in it?'' Sehun's warm voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

''Huh?'' was the only thing I got out while grabbing the ring and pulling it out in my closed fist so that no one could see it.

''I found nothing...'' I then noted and put the ring inconspicuously into the back-pocket of my pants.

''So that's it... there is nothing else we can do... I am out.'' Suddenly a deep, dark voice appeared in the room. It had been a long time since I last heard it. When I turned around I noticed that it came from Chanyeol. It was the first time that he had said anything... He was staring at me with glassy eyes and an indifferent expression on his face. Just looking at him made my blood boil and see everything through a red haze.

''Chanyeol...'' Baekhyun also whispered shaken from looking at his former best friend.

Chanyeol casually moved towards the door and walked out of the room. That was it – that was the final straw! I was going berserk and followed him. When I walked past Sehun he tried to hold me back but I quickly freed myself with a ''don't!'' and got out of the office.

''Park Chanyeol!'' I screamed as loud as I could. I was in the dark hallway and could see Chanyeol standing at the staircase. He turned around and looked at me with no surprise in his face.

''What do you want?'' he asked with a sigh. With loud and angry steps I walked towards him until we were only one meter apart from each other.

''If you don't want to find your current boss why did you even leave in the first place, huh?!''

''I don't need to answer that, Cat.''

''YOU ARE A DIRTY BACKSTABBER AND LEFT YOUR FRIENDS FOR YIXING SO WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS?!'' I shouted and could literally feel my carotid sticking out of my neck from anger.

He did not say anything... he was only staring at me with no emotions on his face... I hated it... because I remembered his bright smile and the friendly way in which he had always talked to me... it was all gone.

''This is the first time, Cat Lee; the first time I make you feel something...the first time you are reacting to me.'' He suddenly whispered.

The pure hatred inside of me turned into disgust and disappointment... I could not believe it.

''If you are acting up like this just because of Sehun and me then your betrayal was not a loss at all... because then it is clear that you are a just a wimp.''

Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger and I could see pure anger building up in his face but before he could even react to my words I could hear Sehun calling my name. I turned around and saw that he came out of the office and walked towards us.

''Is everything okay, baby?'' he asked when he arrived next to me and put his hand firmly onto my waist. I could see the resentment glimmering in his eyes when he looked at Chanyeol.

There was a weird sense of rivalry lingering in the air... mixed with sadness and lost hope; did I really hate Park Chanyeol? Did Sehun really hate Chanyeol? Just looking at this giant and his sunken face that once had only bared a smile on it broke my heart into million pieces.

Chanyeol's gaze shifted towards Sehun's hand that was embracing my waist and without saying anything he just turned around and walked away.