13

The first thing I noticed when I opened my apartment door was the loud sound of people talking. When I reached the living room the talking drowned. Five men were staring at me with angst and curiosity in their eyes.

''How did you get inside of my apart –?'' I wanted to ask but I was cut off by Suho who furiously walked towards my direction:

''What you did was really risky! One false movement and Yixing would have noticed that you belonged to us!''

''But he did not, he actually fell for my act, Suho!''

I could see Suho clenching his fists in anger about me calling him by his gangster-name. He thought that he was my boss just because he played with my life in his hands but the tables had turned. Now he was the one depending on me! I wanted to be free. Free from it all. My eyes shifted and now I was looking at Sehun who was standing a little bit further away from the group. He had said nothing earlier through his ear-piece and right now he was only glaring mysteriously at me. I wanted to be free but there was something stinging inside of my heart when I looked at him.

''Do you want me to get that USB-Stick for you, Suho?'' I now asked and noticed that my voice sounded really weird... almost sad. I turned my head again to now look at Suho.

''Of course we want the USB-Stick, dumbass!'' Baekhyun answered instead of Suho and crossed his arms in annoyance. I did not react to his statement but had my eyes still fixated at Suho.

''I want it but if only one thing goes wrong tomorrow, you and your little brother are dead people, understood?'' he asked through gritted teeth.

''But if not I want you to buy me three plane tickets to Vancouver.'' I countered.

''Why do you need three?'' Chanyeol suddenly asked. When I looked at him I noticed that his face had gotten pale and his hair was a mess on his head. He looked really sick...

''For me, Mark and Johnny.'' I answered. It was a spontaneous thought that came into my mind and of course I would talk everything over with Johnny but If Mark and I left then I wanted him to come with us.

''Y- Your- best friend – Jo-Johnny?'' Chanyeol asked and now I was really afraid that he would pass out.

''Deal.'' Suho stated before I could give Chanyeol an answer.

After that we sat down for awhile and talked about our plan for tomorrow. Sehun would drive me to the house party and wait in the car, Suho and Kyungsoo would be staying at the headquarter and try to navigate me through the building with the help of a plan Kyungsoo had constructed out of Yixing's house a few years ago, Baekhyun and Chanyeol would roam around the parcel to see if someone suspicious was making his way inside the house.

''You need to be really careful,'' Kyungsoo stated. ''Especially because we don't know the new members of his gang''

After we had spoken about everything the boys made their way to the door. Chanyeol was the last one standing at the doorframe.

''I almost died from concern, Cat...'' he whispered and I really wanted to say something soothing to him but from the corners of my eyes I could make out Sehun who was staring at us from out of the hallway.

''I will die if something happens to you tomorrow and I will die if you leave us forever.'' Chanyeol continued and I returned my gaze towards him. I did not know what to say so I only got out a: ''sorry.''

When I was lying in bed I decided to call Johnny and tell him about my plan to go back to Canada.

After ten seconds I could hear his voice groggily greeting me.

''Hello?''

''Johnny, were you sleeping?'' I asked with a small smirk on my face.

''No... I was watching a movie – oh god, Cat, we missed you so much.''

Suddenly there were tears... tears forming in my eyes.

''I missed you guys also so damn much, what is Mark doing?'' I asked.

''He is sleeping. I put him to sleep at 10 P.M, just like you always did.'' He answered with a chuckle. I also got out a little laugh but it stopped the moment I realized why I had called him.

''Are you okay?'' Johnny suddenly asked with a concerned voice.

''After tomorrow I will be free from the gangsters and then they will give me three tickets to fly to Canada... I want you to come along with Mark and me.'' I explained worriedly.

''You know that I am a Chicago-guy, right?'' Johnny asked and laughed.

''I know.'' I sighed.

''But for you guys I would go to the end of the world.'' he added with a more serious tone.

There was something wet running down my cheek. Quickly I tried to wipe it away...

''But Cat, even if you don't get the tickets... it doesn't matter... the only thing that matters is that you are save, okay?''

''I am save, five muscleman are helping me.'' I lied with a tearful voice; I did not want him to worry too much.

''Good night, Cat.'' Johnny then whispered into the phone.

''Good night.'' I answered and ended the call.

At least now I was able to sleep, knowing that my both favorite people on this planet were healthy and happy.

Everything was so blurry, so constrictive and so hurtful. Mom and dad were lying in front of me, both of their eyes wide open but there was no light inside of them. Something smelled really weird... almost like metal. Now I realized what it was... Mom and Dad were literally bathing in blood... there were two big holes in their chests.

What happened? What happened? What happened?

They were the founders of a big Korean bank. In the middle of the night they headed off to meet a client at their office. But which client would want to meet two famous financers at 1 A.M in the morning? Which one?

Everything in their office was torn apart. All the money in the safes... gone. Even the golden ring on my mother's finger was taken away from her. They were killed. They were killed. They were killed.

I woke up, dripping in sweat. What a nightmare... that was part of my terrible reality...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question: Who do you guys actually ship Cat with? :o