19

''No wonder that you fainted after not eating for two days.'' I sighed with frustration and roamed through Sehun's refrigerator. His blackout had only lasted for several seconds and when he woke up I immediately asked him if he needed to go to the hospital but Sehun explained to me that he was weak because he had his last meal 48 hours ago.

''How can you only have alcohol at home?'' I asked confused after I had found no trace of something edible in his fridge but only whiskey, wine and beer.

''The gang and I usually go out to eat but I think there must be some soup cans in the right drawer.'' Sehun explained with an annoyed sigh.

I closed the fridge and fortunately found what Sehun had said: three cans of chicken soup. Through Sehun's instructions I gathered a pot and wooden spoon and started to cook. The apartment filled up with a really good smell and it soothed my senses a little bit. Sehun and I did not talk so there was an awkward silence around us. When I was finished with the soup I got out a plate, filled the soup in it and walked over to Sehun who was still lying on his white leather sofa.

''You should eat something too.'' He noted while taking the first sip.

''No thank you, I ate something at home.'' I said with a smile. I actually did not but somehow the nervousness inside of my bones overplayed the hunger and I felt really full. Sehun ate his chicken soup silently and then the awkward silence set in again. To free myself from this weird atmosphere I decided to look around the living room a little bit more. The most interesting thing in here was the big stereo-equipment.

''I did not know that you liked music...'' I got out while caressing the black surface around the speakers.

''Chanyeol got me into it.'' Sehun answered boldly.

What kind of music was Sehun listening to? Filled with curiosity I pressed the power button and was taken aback when the room was suddenly filled with basses and various other loud sounds. Surprised with panic I pushed the button again and turned the music off.

''S-Sorry.'' Was the only thing I could say embarrassed and turned around to face Sehun again. He only shook his head with annoyance and swung his legs over the edge of the sofa.

''That was also Chanyeol's music.'' He mumbled grumpily. Slowly he stood up.

''Don't! You need to rest –'' I tried to stop him but he was not listening. In slow paces he walked towards me and grabbed something out of the drawer next to the stereo-equipment. He put it into the CD drive and pushed the power button again.

''This is my music...'' he whispered and when I faced him I could see the pink shimmer on his cheeks.

The room was filled with slow, soothing tunes. It was a piano piece overlaid with a warm male voice, singing along to each note. I could not really believe that Sehun was listening to this kind of music... it was so... calm.

''It's so pretty...'' I got out in awe.

When I got no answer I turned around in confusion and saw that Sehun was glaring at me with a weird flicker in his eyes. This time it was not dangerous but somehow... hopeful. His chest moved nervously up and down and lips were opened a little bit. I felt the heat rise inside of my head...

He was not saying anything... oh god, why was he not saying anything?

Suddenly I felt something around my hand. Sehun had grabbed it with his bigger one and pulled me closer to him. I bumped into his chest and was immediately alarmed.

''Did I hurt you?'' I asked worriedly but Sehun only shushed me with a: ''psht!''

He let go of my hand and now I could feel his arms wrap around me. What – what was happening?

I could hear the sound of my racing heart in my ears. His scent was filling my nose and even though it was a mix of blood and stale aftershave it made me feel all the emotions I thought I could never feel. Just now I realized that Sehun had started to sway slowly from left to right. Was – was he dancing with me? The music was still playing softly and slowly the room was filled in a warm, orange light. The sun was setting. It was perfect. Everything in this moment was just perfect... so perfect that it could only be a dream, right? There was something in my heart that I needed to let go so that I truly knew that this was reality.

''Sehun...?'' I asked, a little bit muffled because my face was buried in his chest.

''hm?''

''Do you... like me?''

Suddenly Sehun stopped and we were standing still. A little bit indecisive I lifted my eyes to look at him. I could not read the expression that was on his face and I did not know what he was feeling... It was the same like all the times I had seen him.

''Close your eyes...'' he suddenly whispered. And so I did. At this point I could not even tell if it was my heart or his that was bumping so loud. Maybe it was both of our hearts.

And then... softly and quietly I felt his lips on mine. It was just a small peck and it did not last for a second. I opened my eyes and could see that suddenly, for the first time, he had it written on his face; he was nervous... just like me...

''Sehun?'' I asked for the second time today but this time determined and not daunted. I got the answer that I have waited for so long.

''Yes?'' he asked with a shaking voice.

I wanted more. I wanted him. With the biggest force in my body and not afraid to hurt him again I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed my lips hungrily onto his. After he got over the little surprise he responded to my mouth caressing his. We moved in perfect sync, like this was not our second kiss but our hundredths...

His hands let go of my waist and were now tangled in my hair. He pulled me closer and closer, deepening the kiss like it was not air that he needed to survive, but my mouth.

And then it happened... I could feel his lips curl. It was the first time that I had witnessed Sehun smile. Sehun, Mr. Perfect, the man with no emotions, the gangster who could kill off anyone who crossed his path... he smiled... because of me. He smiled into our kiss!

There are only a few moments in our lives that can make us truly happy whenever we think about them. It does not matter how bad the situation is because when you think of these moments you have something to hold on, to be proud of. And this moment was one of them.

Until... I heard a loud sound of something that made Sehun quickly pull away from me. A little bit confused I just now realized that it had been the sound of a door. Still holding on to his neck I now turned around. Someone was standing at the door hinge. It was a tall guy with black, messy hair.

''Chan- Chanyeol hyung?'' Sehun got out, his voice out of breath.

But Chanyeol was not answering. He just looked at us, his big, brown eyes wide open and a tear running down his cheek. But surprisingly his face was not filled with sadness but with pure... rage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3lWwMHFhnA

(Sleeping At Last - Turning Page)

Hope you guys liked this chapter ^^