two

"Ten thousand?" I blurt, unsure if I heard him correctly.

"Is that not -"

"No, it's perfect." I interrupt him and begin to lead him to one of the private dance rooms. I caught Shasta's eye on my way back and she gave me a thumbs up as I lead Jack into the room. Once we were alone, I then realized I have no idea what I'm doing. I've never done this!

He sat down and looked up at me expectantly.

"Okay, honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing." I laughed nervously with the confession.

"I know. It's your first day, isnt it?"

I nod and he looks over my shoulder before motioning for me to come closer. I do so and he grabs my waist.

"Just dance. Like I'm not even here."

I try to forget that he's sitting in front of me, despite feeling his hands on my waist as I rotate my hips. I eventually get really into it, straddling him and continuing to dance. After the twenty minutes passes, I stop and rise to my feet.

"How'd I do?" I ask. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a stack of money.

"Good enough to call it a night." He responds. I reluctantly accept the money, despite the fact that I need it. $10,000. He exits the room before I do and I wait until he's out of my vision before I run to the changing room and open my locker, shoving the money into my purse.

I just made $10,000.

-

I wake up the next morning to my phone vibrating on my bedside table.

Ollie 💖 - good morning babe
- rose?
- Rosieee baby wake up
(Missed Call)
- rose.

I roll my eyes and call him back, the phone ringing once before he picks up.

"Rosalina where are you?!" He shouts into the phone.

"I'm at home? I just woke up." I respond. "Hello to you too." I add sarcastically.

"I didn't know. What are you doing tonight?" He asks, his entire demeanor changing. My phone vibrates and I look to see who it could be.

(402)-xxx-xx03
are you working tonight?
-
this is jack from the club. i got your number from a friend.

"Rose?" I faintly hear Oliver say. My eyes are glued to the screen of my phone.

"Oh, no Ol, I'm busy tonight. I have to pick up my parents from the airport." I half lie. I have to pick them up at 7, and I go to work at the club at 11pm.

"I can come with you and maybe we can go to dinner after? I want to talk to your dad." He says, sounding a little upset.

"My dad? Why?" I laugh, sitting up.

"It's.. you'll see, Rose."

"Okay." I agree, twisting my lips to the side. "I pick them up at seven."

-

We arrive at the restaurant in Beverly Hills that Oliver chose. Where he got money to afford dinner here, I'm not sure. We got situated at the table and ordered drinks before Oliver finally spoke up.

"Uh, Mr. Ventura, I'd like to speak to you.. privately?" He stammers a little.

"Of course." My dad shrugs. "We can step outside."