nine

* mature themes in this chapter*

"rose?"

i turn around to see oliver standing in the doorway.

"hi ollie.." i say, my cheeks getting red.

"who the fuck is this?" he spits, walking towards jack.

"a friend." i reply, moving away.

"a friend who has his arm around your waist?" he looks towards me now, his eyes full of anger.

"yes. a friend. i have a girlfriend." jack lies. he takes his phone off of a table and showed him his lockscreen, a photo of him and madison kissing showing up. wow.

"that doesn't explain your arm around my girl's waist." oliver snaps.

"i'm not your girl."

jade, bryce, and oliver all look at me with a shocked expression. jack has a smirk on his face and sammy grins. i know that he was thinking about last night.

"rose you don't mean that." oliver whispers, his eyes glassy.

"we broke up this morning, i told you i need a break and you show up here?" i reply quietly.

"i honestly didn't know you were here. who is this guy, rose? what are you doing?" he asks, his voice trembling. the big bad guy façade is gone and the waterworks are on.

"i'm with some friends, ollie. i told you i need time but i promise i'll see you soon." i say, pulling him aside.

"i can't give you time if i know you're just galavanting with these guys." he cries. "i don't want to leave you rose but i don't want to know you're not truly in love either."

"i love you, but im not in love anymore."

i swear i saw the heartbreak in his eyes. my heart ached as he walked away with no words, slamming the glass door behind himself.

"excuse me." i mumble before i chase after him, running through the house and just making it to him before he reached the front door.

"oliver, wait!"

he spins around and looks at me, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"you know what, rose? maybe we shouldn't take a break. maybe we should just be over."

he opens the front door and leaves me standing there.

i walk back outside, fighting back the tears.

"guys.. let's get fucked up."

-

jade and bryce went upstairs about fifteen minutes ago, leaving me downstairs with the rest of the guys. nate had left and came back with tons of "party favors" including vodka, rum, and a couple of lighter things.

"is this what you did when i left you?" sam whispers to me, and i reach for the shot glass and take a shot of vodka, not breaking eye contact with him. he laughs and shakes his head, grabbing a pipe off of the table and bringing it to his mouth.

"no." i answer, filling up my glass again. "it was just a summer thing, remember?"

i get up and walk over to nate, who was setting up lines on the coffee table.

"since when are you a coke head?" sam asks me, following me over.

"i'm not." i say, leaning forward and inhaling the white powder.

"i need to get fucked up."

"yeah, well getting triple faded won't make you feel any better." he sighs.

"better than sitting in my room crying."

"i don't think so."

jade and bryce stumble down the stairs, huge bruises all over their necks. i roll my eyes and laugh a little bit.

"jeez, what'd you guys do? punch each other?" jack asks, raising his eyebrows at them.

"something like that."

"ew, guys!" i groan, throwing one of the couch pillows at them. i take sam's pipe and light it up, sitting on nate's lap.

"alright slow down tiger." jack says, coming over to me and taking the pipe from my hands before i could even get a second hit.

"what are you, my dad?" i complain. jack picks me up off of nate's lap and carries me outside.

"i'm gonna take her home, i'll catch you guys later!" jack calls. my vision is blurry and time feels like it's moving slowly. that was fast.

"i don't wanna go home." i pout, feeling the cold air hit my skin as we get outside.

"you need to sleep this off." jack laughs, setting me in the front seat of his car. he buckles my seatbelt for me and i shut my eyes. i hear him get into the driver side and begin to drive.

"why me?" i ask.

"what do you mean?"

"like, why'd you pick me out of all of the other girls there?"

"because i get this feeling when i look at you."

"me too. well, not when i look at me. when i look at you." i giggle, opening my eyes a little to look at him. he's smiling.

"you're so fucked up, baby."

baby.

"i know."

we finally arrive and i realize we're at his house. i don't say anything, knowing that the bed in his guest room is crazy comfortable.

he comes around and once again, carries me into the house. he takes me to the guest room and sets me on the bed.

"i'm going back to bryce's for awhile, if you need anything at all call me, okay?" he says.

"stay."

"what?"

"with me. just for a little bit." i say, feeling my cheeks get red.

"only for a little bit."

i feel him get into bed next to me and i allow myself to fall asleep.

-

AN:  aww my heart