seventeen

[jack 💖] okay, i'll be there

-

2 hours later

"do you think jack will visit?" i asked jade.

"he should." she shrugged. "bryce is going to florida and he's still coming to visit, but your boyfriend is richer than mine is." she laughed a little at the end.

we were currently sitting on bryce's roof, the blinding lights of the los angeles skyline being our view.

"yeah." i murmured, taking out my phone to capture a picture of our view.

• Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA

@roseventura: happy fourth.. i'm spending it with ma girl @jademcallister 💞
@johnslinsky - where's @jackgilinsky?
@jademcallister - love u mamacita
@jackgilinsky - @johnslinksy right here :p

-

i woke up the next morning to bryce's house being empty with a note left.

both @ work, love you rosie
- bryce + jade

i locked everything up before i left and went home, knowing that tonight was the night jack would be having dinner with my parents. i just hoped that dad didn't get stuck late at the set and miss jack making his effort to show he was serious.

to pass the time until dinner, i was beginning to pack. i had to go to tuscaloosa for tryouts to make the team in a week but i would only be there for a week. it'll be a good opportunity to visit the campus for the first time and make my way around and the only downfall is that jack can't go.

"lina, we need to talk." my dad said, appearing in my doorway.

"whats up?" i asked, sitting down on my bed.

from behind him, ollie walked in.

"hi ro."

"¡papa! ¿qué pasa?" i shouted, rising to my feet. "what is he doing here?!"

"i'm going to let you two talk.. creo que lo necesitas."

he leaves the room and shuts the door, leaving oliver and i alone.

"look, rose, before you try to curse me out in spanish let me tell you that that girl was not my girlfriend. she's my ex-stepsister."

"oh my fucking god, ollie, you're disgusting." i groaned.

"she saw you standing there with sam and thought it would be a good idea to do that. she was mad at you too."

"she was related to you for how long? five years, right?" i recollected, staring him down.

"yeah. i know it's wrong but i didn't tell her to."

"your arm was wrapped around her!" i retorted. "your fucking STEPSISTER, oliver?"

"i cane to see if you would take me back."

"after telling me your stepsister thinks it's okay to kiss you because your ex is standing there? what else did you two do?"

"look, rosie, i don't know what to say but we did not do anything. believe me."

i sat in silence, dumbfounded by the fact that this boy thinks i'll be accepting his apology and leaving jack for him.

"no. absolutely not. never in a million." i shook my head. "te daré diez segundos para salir de mi casa."

oliver stood up and left the house without another word. part of me ached that it had to end this way but the other half of me knew this was necessary. i cheated on him and he kissed his stepsister. both of us are all kinds of fucked up.

i curled my hair to get ready for tonight's dinner, nervous for how this would all be turning out.

jack's pov

i walked up to the woman at the counter.

"hi, i'm looking for victor ventura?"

"mr. ventura is out right now, i can take a message." she said without looking away from her screen. a rehearsed message clearly.

"look, i'm his daughter's fiancé. i need to see him." i exaggerated.

"rosalina is getting married?" she finally looked away from the screen.

"well, at least i'm hoping so. that's what i need to see mr. ventura for."

"he's in studio 3. i'll take you down."

"thank you."

i followed the woman down to the studio and she opened the door and allowed me in. i could tell immediately who rose's father was.

"excuse me, mr. ventura?"

"who are you?" he questioned, throwing me off a little.

"i'm jack. rosalina's boyfriend. we haven't met, and we were supposed to meet tonight, but i wanted to make sure i got to introduce myself to you." i said, watching his entire demeanor change once i mentioned rose.

"thank you, jack. i appreciate that." he said, a slight smile appearing on his face.

"i'm serious about your daughter. i really am. one day i want her to have my daughter."

"you mean that." he stated more than questioned. "i'll see you at dinner, jack. thank you."

he walked away without another word and i sighed with relief.

to: rosie 🌹
see u at dinner love

this is going to be quite a night.