seven

song of the chapter: lips of an angel - hinder

"so you'll stay?" jack asks me.

"where?" i ask. i check my phone, seeing that it's already 12:30 AM.

"we have a spare room. i'll understand if you want me to take you home, but i can't take you to be with your boyfriend right now."

"that's not where i wanted to go. i wouldn't be able to face him." i reply.

i try to not think of oliver and how heartbroken he would be to know that not only did i kiss sam, but i kissed jack and jack is paying me $9000 a week and i'm a stripper, for crying out loud.

i'm a terrible girlfriend.

"i understand. i'll bring you something more comfortable to wear. the door locks, i'd lock it if i were you because when sam gets drunk, he's touchy." jack laughs.

"yeah, i know. but thanks, i will."

jack heads down the hall and i bring the phone to my ear.

"rose, hey? what's wrong?"

"nothing, nothing babe. i just need to talk to you.. can we meet for coffee tomorrow?" i ask oliver.

"is it serious?" he asks. before i can speak, he adds "well it must be, you're calling me at one in the morning."

"ah, depending on how you take it. i'll call you when i wake up and we can take it from there?"

"yeah, of course. i love you."

jack appears in the room with a set of folded clothes.

"you too, goodnight." i hang up the phone.

"who was that?" jack asks.

"my mom." i lie. "thank you for the clothes."

"of course."

i rise to my feet, taking the clothes.

"if you don't mind, i'm staying in here for awhile." i tell jack.

"oh, yeah, no problem." he laughs. "we'll probably be up all night, if you get bored. we still have a few friends coming."

"thanks."

jack leaves the room and i lock the door behind him, changing into the large cotton t shirt he brought for me. it went down to my knees.

the room was the size of half of my apartment. a bathroom was connected to it as well as a balcony that overlooked the backyard. i peeked out, seeing sam diving into the water. i then watched jack walk out.

"what'd you need to talk about g?" sam calls to him from the water.

"stop talking to rosalina." jack says immediately. "i.. i get this feeling around her, man. like from the moment i saw her."

"so do i. jack, dude, i loved that girl. i always will. if you're going to try to use her as some rebound for madison -"

"shut the hell up sam." jack laughs humorlessly. "that's not what this is. i left madison because i never felt the way i felt when i looked at rose when i looked at madison. ever."

my heart skipped a beat. jack had the same feeling when he saw me for the first time that i felt when i saw him.

like i needed to know him.

"what, like you needed to know her?" sam says. "trust me, man, i know the feeling. i loved rose with everything and i had to tell her i didn't so i could continue to tour with you guys."