ten

i wake up the next morning feeling like i went to sleep an hour before, when in reality i slept ten hours.

i sit up to see multiple bouquets of roses at the bottom of the bed, along with a note.

rose,
i hope you feel better. there's breakfast downstairs. i'll be in the studio until 11:30.

-JG

i smile, checking the time. 11:15.

i look around for awhile before i find the bathroom, getting into the shower and rinsing myself off. after last night, i needed it.

my heart aches once i remember why i felt the need to get fucked up. oliver. i wrap myself up in a towel and walk back to the guest room, sitting at the end of the bed staring down at my phone.

do i text him? call him? ignore him, and let it be?

"whatcha thinking about?" a voice interrupts my thoughts, making me jump. i see jack standing in the doorway.

"god, you scared me." i breathe, grasping my towel a little tighter now that i know he's there.

"sorry. did you eat?" he asks, coming into the room. the fact that im only in a towel was becoming more and more prominent in my mind as he got closer.

"no, not yet. i woke up maybe fifteen minutes ago." i sigh. "i need to get dressed."

"i have some of madison's old things here somewhere." he says, opening the closet and going into the back corner. he pulls out a pair of sweats and a white lace crop top.

"thanks." i say. for your ex's hand-me-downs.

"yep." he steps out of the room, closing the door behind himself. i put the clothes on, looking in the mirror before putting my hair up into a bun. i open the door and jack is still standing there.

"do you remember any of last night?" he asks.

"i remember sitting on nate and you taking me here." i laugh.

"do you remember uh, anything else?"

"i asked you to stay with me." i reply. "and you did."

"yeah. i never went back to bryce's."

my heart stops. "did we...?"

"no, no no no!" he interrupts. "when i woke up, you were holding onto me. but that's it."

i feel myself blushing.

"sorry."

"no it's fine. i planned on going back, the guys stayed there overnight. they're not back yet."

we're alone.

"oh." i nod. "i wonder how wild they got."

"you had three shots, three lines, and a hit, rose, you win." he laughs.

"hey, to be fair, i only remember two shots."

"you had three." he corrects.

"two."

"three."

"whatever, gilinsky." i laugh. he steps forward and takes both of my hands into his, a smile on his face.

"how do you feel?" he asks, our bodies almost touching.

"not as bad as i expected." i admit, my heart pounding in my chest. we make eye contact and i notice his eyes flicker down to my lips. i don't need any other confirmation.

i press my lips against his, his hands letting go of mine and his arms wrapping around my waist. i put my hands into his hair, stepping backwards into the room in attempt to find the bed.

we fall back onto the bed, his hands on the exposed part of my waist as our kiss deepens. i pull his shirt off and our lips attach again immediately, jack pulling off my shirt as well.

"rose." he breathes, pulling away momentarily. "are you sure?"

"yeah." i say, leaning forward again. he pulls back.

"you're not trying to rebound or anything, are you?"

"rebound? no." i answer, rolling over so i'm on top. "really. i'm not. i might've been fucked up, but i did mean what i said to you in the car."

he puts his hand on the back of my head and pulls me back down to him, our lips attaching again.

-

"let me take a picture of you." jack says.

"why?" i laugh, clipping my bra back on.

"because. rose with roses, it's picture worthy."

he grabs a handful of roses from one of the bouquets and tosses it onto the bed. i lay in the bed and grab one, holding it up to my face. jack snaps the picture and i collect the roses and put them back with the rest before looking at the picture.

"i like it." i say.

"me too."

i grab the shirt jack was wearing earlier and put it on, then the sweatpants. my phone vibrates in my pocket.

@jackgilinsky tagged you in a photo.

jackgilinsky: all these roses.. but she's still the prettiest one. @roseventura

my cheeks heat up and i like the picture before putting my phone back into my pocket.

"what do you want to do today?" jack asks as i head down the stairs behind him.

"i don't know, maybe we could go to the beach?"

"that doesn't sound bad." he says, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"which beach? venice, santa monica, malibu?"

"santa monica." i decide. he kisses my forehead and reaches out for my hand and i follow him to the door. when he opens it, madison is standing outside.