five

The entire walk from the car to the beach was silent. I wanted to talk, but anything I wanted to say would make this situation worse. I love Oliver, and I don't want to lose him even though I have treated him poorly.

"Oliver.." I finally say as we trudge in the sand.

"Yes?" He snaps. I frown.

"Nothing. Let's just sit here?"

He silently lays out the blanket we brought with us. As he does, I type out a text to Jack.

see you when i see u.

Oliver takes off his shirt and I take off my dress, leaving myself with my bikini on.

"I'm sorry for overreacting. I just don't want to lose you." He says after a little bit more silence.

"I'm not going anywhere." I smile at him, taking his hand into mine and kissing his hand.

-

"Where are we going?" I ask Jack as I get into his car.

"A friends." He replies. I mentally thank myself for bringing pepper spray, in case he's shady. I go onto google, typing in the name 'Jack Gilinsky'.

When the results show up, I'm shocked. He's a singer?

I glance over at him, hiding my phone a little as I look deeper. How did I not know? Everyone in LA knows everyone somehow. No wonder he has this money to just blow.

Then I see it.

Jack Gilinsky
Madison Beer (2015-)

He has a girlfriend. And has for two and a half years.

We arrive at a rather large house, a few cars in the circle shaped drive. I follow Jack's lead to the house, loud music playing and sounds of laughter from the other room coming into my ears.

"JACK MAN, YOU BACK?" I hear someone call. We enter the room and one face sticks out.

"Sam?"

The familiar guy looks up, his eyes widening when he sees me.

"Rose!" Sam runs over, embracing me.

"Uh, you two know each other?" Jack asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we uh.. met a couple years back. When we all first started coming to LA." Sam responds.

I blush at the memory.

Summer 2014

"Sam stop!" I laughed , running away from the water. He picked me up from behind and spun me around.

"It's just water, Rosie." He laughed, moving hair away from my face. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away fairly fast, his eyes searching mine to see what my reaction was. Was I okay with this? Just the idea of hooking up with an 18 year old at my age excited me. I leaned up and kiss him back, my arms around his shoulders as the hot sun beat against us.

That October, we called it off. We promised to still talk and be friends, but you know how that goes.

"Yeah. Three years now," I say, my eyes not leaving Sam's gaze.

"I'm Jack. Johnson." The blonde guy sitting on the couch says with a wave.

"Rosalina. You can call me Rose, though." I say, walking over to him to shake his hand.

"Formal. I like it." He laughs. I smile at him.

"So, Rose, what brings you to nuestra casa?" Sam asks. I motion to Jack.

"I'm not sure."

"I'm breaking up with Madison. Tonight."

"What?" Everyone in the room says in sync.

"You brought me here to breakup with your girlfriend?"

Jack shrugs. "She's going to come over, see my arm around you.."

"If you want to break up with her, you can just tell her. Don't let her think you had a side bitch!" I shout.

"Ro did you just refer to yourself as a side bitch?" Sam laughs.

"Shut up Sammy, that's not the point," I laugh a little. "But seriously. I'll stay here, but I'm not going to let you use me as part of your breakup."

"Can I talk to you outside?" Jack says, tilting his head to the side. "now?"

I sigh, following him outside.

"I think you're forgetting that I'm paying you $9000 a week." Jack says as soon as no one can hear us.

"Jack.. just tell her. If she thinks you cheated on her this whole time she'll blame herself." I reply, ignoring the money thing.

"Fine."

We walk back inside right as headlights begin to come down the drive.

- - -

AN: the next chapter is gon' be juicy. drugs n other things will be included