eighteen

rose's pov

jack sat at the table beside me and i watched as my dad stared at him.

"so, you love rose?"

"i do, sir."

sir.

"what are you going to be doing while she's in alabama? did you go to college?"

"no, unfortunately my musical career took off my senior year of high school and i went on tour."

"musician?"

oh god, he's drilling him.

he went back and forth with questions for jack all the way through dinner. afterwards, they went out into the backyard to talk "privately."

"everything will be fine, don't worry. your father loves anyone who loves you."

"he loves anyone who kisses his ass and watches the movies he produced with him." i rolled my eyes, referring to ollie.

they came back inside and my dad had a smile on his face.

"hey, rose, pack a bag." jack said.

"why?" i asked slowly, glancing towards my dad.

"you're staying the night."

-

"how did this happen?" i asked.

"your dad liked me." he shrugged, sitting down beside me.

"enough for him to outright say i could stay here?"

he nodded. "he trusts me with you."

what went on between them?

"did you bring up his movies?" i teased, my arms wrapping around his shoulders.

"no.. ok, maybe."

i laughed and we both leaned in, our lips connecting softly.

"what will you do when i'm in alabama?" i questioned, the words falling from my lips before i could stop myself.

"visit you."

i sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

"i don't know what i'll do without you."

jack turned to me. "rose, i will come see you every month. maybe multiple times a month."

september 12th, 2014

"when are you coming back to LA?" i asked, the tears streaming down my cheeks causing my hair to stick to my cheeks. i was at a football game, the first of the school year at hollywood high.

"i'm not sure, baby." sam answered, the loud music bumping through the speakers in the background.

"where are you now?" i asked him. i had to perform at halftime in ten minutes but instead of rehearsing, i was on the phone with sam.

"portland i think?"

"seattle!" i hear a voice in the background.

"seattle." he corrected with a laugh. a laugh that made my heart melt.

"when will you come back?" i repeated, seeing the rest of my team heading towards the dance room.

"i'll come see you soon rosie. i promise."

"do you promise?" i asked jack, taking his hand into mine.

"of course i do." he pulled me into his arms. "you should think about ucla or ucsb."

"i did. i want to get out of california. i'm tired of this weather, the people, the fake attitudes and fake bodies.. " i began to rant.

"i understand love."

we sat in a comfortable silence for awhile, his hand stroking my hair.

"i'm going to order some takeout, you want anything?" he broke the silence, rising to his feet. i nodded.

-

3:16 AM

i watched jack's chest rise and fall with each breath he took, my hand gently gliding through his hair. he looked so peaceful.

i slowly climbed out of bed and headed downstairs, opening the fridge to grab a water.

"you're here?"

i jumped, spilling some water on the floor.

"shit, sam, you scared me." i breathed, heading towards the paper towel rack to clean up what i spilled.

"i just didn't know you were here." he laughed, his swollen lip prominent.

"i didn't expect you to be here either." i replied honestly, gesturing to his lip.

"this was worth getting to kiss you. i made a mistake letting you go, rose." sam said, coming to sit beside me. my breath hitched in my throat with his proximity.

"i know."

with that, i rose to my feet and walked back up the stairs.

-

AN:

hello loves i'm SO sorry for the terrible updating and short updates. i'm back in school (senior year!) and have been working 5 days a week as well so i apologize :( i'll try to update more frequently, but i have been going through some personal things such as my three year relationship ending.. so i think some of you can see why i didn't update my love related story.