thirty

* trigger warning for this chapter. if you are sensitive to abuse please read with caution. ❤️

i woke up with a major hangover. skyler and i were at jade's in her spare room and when i sat up, i noticed my clothes from last night were everywhere.

"sky?" i shook him awake. his eyes fluttered open.

"yes?" he mumbled, closing them again.

"how drunk was i?"

"very." he laughed lightly and put his arm over my lap.

i sighed and laid back down, reaching for my phone that was on the side table. at least i managed that right.

jack gilinsky- (8) missed calls (32 imessages)

my eyes widened and i unlocked my phone, going to the texts and reading the first few.

- rose i need you
- i know i'm drunk and you are too but i really need you rsoe
- please come bsck to me
- leave that yael guy he wint love yiu how i do

i climbed slowly out of bed and put on a t shirt and come sweats and walked out to jade's living room.

"morning!" she laughed. i groaned and sat at the island counter.

"were we loud?" i asked, my head in the counter.

"didn't hear a thing." she put her hands up defensively.

a knock broke the only momentary silence and jade's eyes widened.

"rose, don't hate me."

"why would i?" i asked, going to her fridge.

"jack is here."

seeing him while i was one hundred percent sober would be difficult. skyler was upstairs dozing off and now my ex is suddenly here.

"jade, my boyfriend is upstairs!" i hissed, blocking the front door.

"this is my house, he's my guest."

i moved out of the way and she opened the door, revealing none other than jack gilinsky.

"rose."

i could tell he was sober. he held a bouquet of red roses with an envelope.

"jack, i can't. skyler -"

"just take these and please read the envelope." he simply kissed my cheek, then left without another word.

jade smiled and pointed to my new gift. "read it."

i sighed and opened the envelope that had been addressed "rosalina"

rosalina,

i know you're with that yale guy, skyler, now. that won't change how i feel for you. we both hurt each other. you cheated on me with sam and i with madison, but we love each other. i know deep down inside of you there is still feelings for me. our bond is something that can't just be broken like that, rose. damn it, i love you. i will be here waiting for you whether you need me as a friend or a lover. please just keep me in your life rosalina.

- jg

i read it maybe three times before gently putting it back into the envelope.

then proceeding to the kitchen where i lit it on fire.

"rose, what the hell?" jade yelled, following after me. "he put his heart into that."

"i know." i shrugged, leaning against the counter. "maybe he should've put his heart into keeping me."

-

3 months later

location: ny, ny

"rose, it can't all go your way!" skyler yelled.

"it never does!" i threw my hands up in the air, tears streaming down my face.

"what?" he asked, his tone lowering. "is that really how you feel?"

i nodded. "skyler, you don't listen to me." i whispered.

"rose, babe, yes i do!" he came over and put his arm around me.

"if you did..." i paused, unable to tell him in this moment. i couldn't.

"if i did?" he continued.

"i'm pregnant sky."

he froze.

i braced myself for his reaction.

"you're.. what?"

"im pregnant."

he rose to his feet and began to pace the room.

"oh my god." he breathed, continuing to pace. "you can't be. i still have to get my doctorate. i can't be a dad."

"i am, skyler." i laughed, putting my hand on my stomach. i stood up and went to walk over to him..

.. and that's when he pushed me.

he forcefully pushed me against the wall, the frames on it falling and breaking against my body.

"no!" he screamed.

"sky-"

"shut up!"

once the shock was over, i rose to my feet and made a break for the phone.

he grabbed me by my waist, throwing me to the ground.

"you're hurting me." i said as calmly as i could, the blood from the cuts due to the picture frames breaking beginning to drip from my legs and arms.

"you aren't keeping this baby."

i shook my head. "no, no i'm not."

he got off of me and walked away, the tears silently streaming down my face. when i was sure he was actually gone, i ran and locked the bedroom door, opening the window that lead to the fire escape and made a call i never thought i would.

a call to jack gilinsky.