three

I say goodbye to Jade and get into my car, nervous for what I would be told when I get to the club. I've worked one night and I already was being booted? Okay, not exactly, but basically.

I pull around back and park in my spot, grabbing Oliver's jacket to put on over the lingerie I was wearing. It was like a dress on me. My heels clicked against the ground as I walked towards the familiar bouncer.

"Rose, right?"

"Right." I nod. He nods back silently, allowing me into the club. It was alarmingly full in here, but I walked directly to the back office where I knew Mario would be waiting with Jack. The closer I got, the more nervous I felt. What am I getting myself into?

"So, 'Scarlett'.." Mario says, using air quotes as I walk into the office. I see him sitting behind the desk, while Jack, in a suit and tie, sits across from him.

"Mr. Gilinsky here is interested in.. exclusive work."

"With me?" I ask, looking at Jack even though the question was directed towards Mario.

"He's offering -"

"Let me discuss the funding with Rosalina." Jack interrupts.

"So you're .. buying me off from my job?"

"Not exactly. You'll still work here on Saturday evening and Friday nights." Mario tells me.

Evening shifts are from 5-11pm, while nights are 11pm to 4 am. Not only will I be paid $13 per hour just for showing up, but I get to keep any money made from a dance as well. Seeing as I only work twice a week, Jack better be offering good compensation.

"So, Rose, when you finish your shift tonight I'll be waiting outside for you. You'll be coming with me."

"I.." I stop myself from saying what I wanted to.

I have a boyfriend.

"See you then."

Jack exits and I don't bother to talk to Mario. He sold off his newest employee like a piece of meat.

The rest of the night was like a haze of creepy men, learning slang for drinks, and learning how to use the poles. By the time 4 rolled around, the club was just a couple of guys and the girls on the bar. I pulled my jacket back on and left out of the back door, seeing the black Range Rover parked next to my car. I walk over to it, the little bit of sun that had begun to rise shining against the windows.

"How was your night?" Jack asks me as I enter his car.

"How can I trust you." I say rather than ask, not buckling my seat belt.

"You just can. I'll take you to see my friends.. I told them you were my girlfriend. They have no clue about.."

"About the fact that you paid ten grand for me to give you a lap dance?"

"Or that I'm paying you $9000 a week."

"You're what?!"

Jack stays silent, hands on the wheel as he exits the parking lot.

"No, I can't.. that's.." Too many thoughts flowed through my mind. I rubbed my temples, Jack continuing down the road.

"You don't seem like the kind of girl to become a stripper." Jack says. "If it's money problems, let me help you out."

"I looked up what escorting is, Jack."

"I'm not saying I'm going to pay for sex. If that comes up, it comes up, but I just want your time. That's all." He replied. Him saying the word "sex" made me shift in my seat. I know I shouldn't be thinking about it when I just told Oliver a few hours ago that we have a chance of getting married.

Shit.

"Look, Jack, I'm not available today. I have plans with someone."

"Best friend? boyfriend?"

"Second one."

"Does he know you're a stripper?" Jack questions me.

"No.. and I want to wait to tell him. Until the timing is right."

"Okay, well when you're done with these plans meet me back at the club. You know my number."

He flips around and takes me back to my car and speeds off, leaving me to think about what I'm doing.