four

As soon as I get home, I take a shower. The dirt I felt from dancing all night with sweaty men was too much for me and the makeup Jade had caked on me the night before was running down my cheeks. Those men didn't care how I looked, they just wanted a girl with a nice body on them and that's what they got.

After drying off, I climbed into bed and checked the time. 5:20 AM.

Time to sleep for a few hours.

-

I woke up at 12:15 to 6 texts from Oliver. I went to his contact and listened to it ring.

"Hey, I've been texting you." He says immediately.

"I was asleep," I sigh. "When do you want me to come over?"

"Whenever, I was thinking we could go to the beach today? Maybe have a picnic?"

I smile at the thought. Our first date was a picnic at sunset on Venice Beach.

"Sure, why not? Let me just get ready and I'll be over in an hour." I reply.

"Sounds great. See you soon babe."

We hang up and I fall back against my pillows, wishing I could fall back asleep. Maybe some time with Ollie today will be good for me.

I can't help but feel guilty though. Jack "bought me" from the club and I'm going to be getting paid to spend time with him, not Oliver.

I finally drag myself out of my bed and grab my bikini and put on a sundress with a sunflower print over it. I put my hair up and grab a pair of sunglasses, not bothering to wear makeup. If I want to get tan, makeup won't help it be an even tan.

When I get to Oliver's, I park in the driveway and before I even get to the door, he opens it and holds out his arms.

"Hi Rosie." He says into my hair, holding me close to him. I know that I've been hard on him the last couple days, but it doesn't help that he is continuing to do what's been bothering me.

"Hi Ollie." I say back, pulling out of our hug. "Let's get going, yeah?"

We take his car, since it's more reliable in the heat we'll be experiencing today. My car can handle getting to Jade's or Ollie's, but not Ollie's, then the beach. Not in the LA traffic.

While we're on the freeway, my phone vibrates on my lap.

"Who's that?" He asks, his eyes glancing over.

[Jack] See you tonight Rose

I tense up a little, hoping Oliver didn't see the message.

"It's my mom." I lie. "We're going apartment hunting sometime this week, she wants to set up a day."

"That didn't say Mom," he retorts. "And you know you can always move in with me."

"I know." I murmur, gripping my phone tightly.

"So who was it?"

"Oliver, stop."

"What are you hiding?" He pulls off the freeway towards Santa Monica and pulls over the first chance he has.

"I'm not hiding anything."

"Then why won't you tell me who texted you?"

"Because it isn't always your fucking business! Why can't you trust me?!" I shout, a hurt expression coming onto his face.

"What am I doing wrong?" He asks me after a couple moments of silence.

"You're.. you aren't doing anything wrong, but.." I can't find the right words.

"We don't need to be together everyday. We don't need to see each other all the time for us to be a good couple, okay? I'm going to school out of LA this year. If you don't trust me now, how will you trust me then?"

"Rosalina I want to be with you everyday because in the fall you'll be gone. I'm sorry if your boyfriend wanting to spend time with you annoys you." He says the last part harshly, like I should be ashamed by it.

"Oliver I -"

"Let's just go have our picnic and I'll take you home."