Chapter Two: The Hungry Monster

The next morning, Carrie woke up to her mother yelling.

"You will never find us, Eddie, because I moved myself and the kids out of state!"

Carrie gasped and ran to the top of the stairs so that she could hear more.

"I hate you, Eddie Fisher!" Debbie yelled then slammed the phone on the counter. Debbie held her face in her hands in her hands and started crying.

Carrie walked down the stairs slowly and saw her mother, hunched over the counter with her head in her hands.

"Mom?" Carrie asked as Debbie quickly looked up and saw her daughter. Debbie then started drying her tears. "Oh, hi dear. Did you sleep well?" Debbie asked with a fake smile.  "Well, I was until I woke up to the sound of yelling." Carrie said.

Debbie sighed and walked over to hug her daughter. "Carrie, whatever you do, never marry a man that's horrible to you. Marry a man that . . . That loves you the way you deserve to be loved. Because Lord knows that I screwed up." Debbie said. "Mom, why did you stay with him?" Carrie asked.

"Because of you and Todd." Debbie said. "Well, I'm going to be completely honest with you. This is the happiest I've been my whole life." Carrie said.

Debbie smiled. "I'm sorry." She said as she gave Carrie's hands a squeeze. "Mother, you know how you said to marry a man that loves you?" Carrie asked as Debbie nodded. "I think I might have." Carrie said as Debbie's eyes widened.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Harrison woke up and immediately texted Carrie.

Harrison: Good morning ❤
Carrie: Harry, it's two in the afternoon.
Harrison: Well, it's the thought that counts, carebear.
Carrie: Carebear?
Harrison: Well, you called me Harry. I get to give you a nickname too! 😁
Carrie: 🙈 Ok, Harry.
Harrison: Anyway, I'll be at your house at seven. Does your parents know about us.
Carrie: I told my mom this morning.
Harrison: What about your dad?
Carrie: I'll tell you about him at dinner.
Harrison: 🤔 Ok, I'll see you tonight
Carrie: Ok, bye 😚

Harrison smiled and got out of bed to get some cereal.

○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie looked at herself in front of the mirror one last time. She was wearing a black dress that went to her knees and it had spaghetti straps with it. She was wearing dark red lipstick and her hair was down to her shoulders.

She smiled, grabbed her purse and walked downstairs. Once she got downstairs she saw her mother and Todd standing at the door with Harrison.

"Woah, Carrie." All three said at the same time. As Carrie came to the door, Todd said to Harrison, "Remember what I said." Carrie shook her head and walked out with Harrison. "I'm so sorry, what did he tell you?" Carrie said. Harrison and Carrie entered his mustang and he looked at her. "He . . . He told me about your dad." Harrison said sadly. Carrie then looked away from him and out the window. "Oh." She said.

Harrison grabbed her hand which immediately grabbed her attention. Once she turned to look at him, he placed a soft kiss to her lips. "I can't believe he treated you, your brother, and your mother like that." He said. Carrie nodded. "Yeah, well, it's whatever." Carrie said. "Carrie, no it's not." He said.

After that, they buckled up and drove to the restaurant.

○●○●○●○●○

"Harrison Ford, you never fail to amaze me." Carrie said as he finished the third and last slice of his huge pepperoni pizza.

"And Carrie Fisher, you never fail to be beautiful." Harrison said causing Carrie to blush. "Just looking at all of that pizza made me full." Carrie said.

"Are you going to finish that?" Harrison asked as he pointed to the last little bit of Carrie's spaghetti. "Harry, you're joking." Carrie said while laughing. "No, Carebear, I'm really not." Harrison said. "Well then no, I wasn't planning on it." Carrie said. "Then, can I have it?" Harrison asked as Carrie's jaw dropped. "You're telling me that after eating those three huge slices of pizza that you are willing to finish my spaghetti?" Carrie asked then got a serious nod back from Harrison.

She giggled then answered, "Knock yourself out." He gave her a lopsided grin then finished off her spaghetti.

"Harrison Ford, oh my gosh!" Carrie exclaimed. "What?" Harrison asked. "How could you . . . How can you eat that much?" Carrie asked confusingly. "Because, I'm a monster." He said. Carrie giggled then he roared. "Ok, you monster, let's go pay." Carrie said as she stood up. "I got it." Harrison said. "Harry, are you sure?" Carrie asked. "Of course I am. Your my girlfriend and I took you to dinner. Therefore, I pay." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled and shook her head. "Ok, whatever you say."

○●○●○●○●○

Harrison parked his mustang in front of his house. "I'm going to walk you home since you're just next door." Harrison said. Carrie nodded and they got out of the car.

He walked her up to the porch. "I had an amazing night, Harry. Thanks for everything." Carrie said. He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Anytime, sweetheart. I'll text you tonight and hopefully I'll get to see you tomorrow." Harrison said. Carrie nodded. "Ok, text me when you get home. I love you." Carrie said.

Harrison smiled. "I will and I love you too." He said before walking off of her porch.

Carrie smiled and walked into her house where she saw Todd and Debbie in the kitchen. "Carrie, you're home!" Debbie exclaimed. "Yeah, I am." Carrie said. "Well? How did it go?" Todd asked as Carrie got a text.

Harrison: I'm home and I'm also tired. Sleep good, I love you.

Carrie smiled like an idiot before responding,

Carrie: Ok, I know that the monster has to sleep 😂 I love you too, Harry. Sweet dreams 🙏

"Hello? Carrie? How did it go? And why are you smiling like that?" Todd asked. "Oh, sorry. Harrison texted to let know that he got home and yes, I had a great time. I'll tell you more tomorrow, I'm really tired. Love you guys." Carrie said as she started walking upstairs.

"Goodnight! Love you!" Debbie yelled. "Goodnight, I love you too mother." Carrie yelled back as she reached her room and closed the door. Hopefully, she can have a nice, peaceful sleep.