Chapter 21: Happy Birthday, Todd!

February 24th, 2017.

"You got me a jeep?!"

Debbie and Carrie nodded which made Todd smile wider.

"You've only been asking for one the past year." Carrie said causing Debbie and Todd to laugh.

"Thanks mom, thanks Carrie." Todd said as she hugged the two. "You're welcome, Todd. Now, what do you want for breakfast?" Debbie asked, already knowing the answer.

"I want two grilled cheese sandwiches." Todd said with a smile. "Coming right up." Debbie said.

Debbie and Todd went to the kitchen and Carrie went to her room to text Harrison. Once she got to her phone though, he had already texted her.

Harrison: Good morning, sweetheart ❤

Carrie smiled and answered,

Carrie: Morning, Harry. You want to go get breakfast together?

Harrison: Of course, where at?

Carrie: Maybe . . . Cracker Barrel?

Harrison: I'm in, all be over to pick you up in twenty minutes. I love you.❤

Carrie: Ok, I love you too.

Carrie put her phone up then ran downstairs. "Mom, I'm going to breakfast with Harrison. Is that ok?" She asked.

Debbie nodded. "Of course, but we're having a family dinner for Todd's birthday. Todd wants Terry to come so you can invite Harrison if you want." Debbie said.

Carrie smiled and hugged her mom. "Thank you mom, I love you." Carrie said and Debbie smiled. "I love you too. Now, go get dressed." Debbie said.

◇▪◇▪◇▪◇▪◇▪◇

Carrie ran out of the house and jumped into Harrison's truck.

"Did Todd like the jeep?"

Carrie nodded. "Yes, he loves it. Thanks for suggesting it." Carrie said. "You're welcome, he told me and Terry one day that he loves jeeps." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled. "He wants you and Terry to come over for dinner tonight." Carrie said. Harrison nodded. "Ok, I'll give him his present tonight then." He said.

"Harry, you didn't have to get him anything."

"Of course I did, Terry got him something also." Harrison said and Carrie kissed his cheek. "You're so sweet . . . But, can we go now? I'm pretty hungry."

He laughed. "Yes, let's go."

◇◇◇▪▪▪◇◇◇

"What can I get for you today?" The waiter asked.

"Yes, I'd like two grilled cheese sandwiches plain and a side of bacon." Carrie said. "And you sir?" The waiter asked. "I'll have the same thing, but with mayonnaise on my sandwiches." Harrison said. The waiter nodded and walked off.

"So . . . There was something I wanted to talk to you about . . ."

Harrison frowned. "Uh oh, is it bad?" He asked.

"No, it's not. I was just thinking, we're going to get married after we graduate, right?"

Harrison nodded. "Yeah, I hope we can as soon as possible." He said.

Carrie nodded. "Ok, but what's going to happen after that?" Carrie asked. "What do you mean?" Harrison asked.

"Well, what are we going to do with our lives. What kind of jobs do we want?"

"Well . . . . I wanted to be a basketball coach. Maybe, start off at a high school then maybe one day I could coach the NBA."

Carrie smiled. "That's great, Harry. I want to be an actress." She said and Harrison smiled. "That's amazing, Carebear." Harrison said with a smile.

"I just wanted to ask you because I've been wondering about it."

"We'll be ok, Carrie, don't worry about it." Harrison said. Carrie grabbed his hand and kissed it. "I know. I just worry." Carrie said. "There's no need to, we'll be just fine." Harrison said.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

After eating breakfast, Carrie and Harrison went to pick up Todd and Terrance to take them to the bowling alley.

"So, mom said that you and Terrance can spend the night for my birthday." Todd said to Harrison.

"Even me?" Harrison asked. "Yeah, but she said that you have to stay in my room. I told her that I wanted my two best friends over." Todd said.

Harrison smiled. "Ok, then I'll be happy to stay." He said. "Can I hang out with you guys until I get tired?" Carrie asked.

"No. Girls. Allowed." Todd said and Harrison started laughing. "Rude." Carrie said and Harrison laughed even harder.

■■■□□□■■■□□□■■■

They played three games of bowling and Carrie won all three.

"I did not know you played so well." Harrison said as they headed back to his truck. "Oh, I surprised you?" Carrie asked with a smirk.

"Yes, you did. That was amazing. You made four strikes in one game!" Harrison exclaimed.

"I don't mean to brag, but I really did beat your tails." Carrie said with a laugh.

"Yeah, you definitely didn't mean to brag." Todd said as he rolled his eyes. "Ok guys, let's get going. I'm about to starve." Terrance said. "Yeah, me too." Harrison said as he started the truck.

Carrie laughed. "I guess it runs in the family." She said. Harrison smirked and drove off.

▪•▪•▪•▪

Todd blew out his candles and Debbie cut the cake. The first piece of course going to Todd.

"Yum! My favorite, chocolate cake!" Todd exclaimed.

Carrie smiled and took a bite. "Yes, mom makes the best chocolate cake." She said and Harrison gasped. "Debbie, you made this?" He asked and Debbie nodded. "This is amazing! You make great cake!" He exclaimed.

"Thank you, Harrison." Debbie said with a smile. "Carrie, can she make the cake for our wedding?" Harrison asked and Carrie smiled. "Yeah, I want her to. Mom?" Carrie asked with a smile. "If you want me to, then yes of course." Debbie said and Carrie and Harrison both smiled.

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome."

●●••●●••●●

Carrie and Harrison stood in front of Todd's door.

"Goodnight, Harry." She said and he kissed her. "Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning." He said and she smiled. "Text me if you get bored." Carrie said.

"I will, goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight, Harry."

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've updated. I'm going to try to get back on a schedule.

Love, Kendall 💖