Chapter 24: Our Future.

April 14th, 2017.

Carrie was sitting on her bed, reading a book, when Harrison walked in.

"Hi Harry," She said with a smile.

Harrison sat down beside her with a sigh and held her hand.

"Harrison, what's wrong?"

"I . . . I got accepted at the University of North Carolina."

Carrie smiled and gave his hand a squeeze. "That's amazing! Why are you upset?" She asked. "What'll happen if you get accepted somewhere else? Wonder if, you get accepted at UCLA or something like that? Carrie, this is going to screw us up."

Carrie giggled and grabbed a paper off of her dresser.

"Read this, sweety."

He read it and a smile grew over his sad face. She was going to take online classes to be a journalist/author.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Carebear?"

"Yes, I am very sure. It won't be hard, I'll be able to do it. I'm going to marry you, Harrison, and nothing is going to ever change that." Carrie said. Harrison smiled and kissed her. "I really love you, Carrie. I wish I could take you to the courthouse right now and marry you." He said and Carrie giggled. "Two more months, Harry. Once we graduate, we'll decide when and where we are going to have it." She said.

"Ok, I just have one request."

Carrie smiled. "And what is that?" She asked. "That we have it this year, 2017." He said and Carrie kissed him.

"I think we can make that happen."

🌼🌼🌼

Carrie and Harrison went to the field that night to have a picnic dinner.

"Harry?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Can we have the wedding here? At the field?"

Harrison smiled and giggled. "Of course we can, Angel. However you want it." He said and Carrie giggled. "I don't want to make all of the decisions, I want you to make some suggestions too. It's our wedding after all, not just mine." She said.

Harrison smiled and his phone started ringing.

"It's UNC."

Carrie looked at him then back at the phone. "Well, answer it!" She exclaimed. He jumped up and answered the phone.

After walking around a little bit, he came back.

"Harrison . . ."

"They've seen my history of playing basketball. They-they want me to try out this summer for their basketball team."

Carrie jumped up and ran to go hug him. "I also have some news. You know how we signed up for the same California colleges?" Carrie asked and Harrison nodded. "Well, I sort of applied for colleges in North Carolina and Wisconsin too." Carrie said

"And?"

"Well, after you saw my online college acception letter, I was going to cancel my other applications except for the North Carolina ones. After I did that, mom ran into my room with a letter from UNC and . . .  Well . . . I'm going to UNC to be a writer/journalist!"

Harrison picked her up and spun her in the air while kissing her.

" I can't believe this is happening! Me and you got accepted into the same college! Carebear, I am so beyond proud of you!"

Carrie smiled and kissed him. "Harry, I'm proud of you too! We are going to North Carolina!" She exclaimed as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What wrong?"

"Harrison, I'm so happy! Our future is really looking good right now, Harry . . . I'm so excited!"

Harrison smiled and put her back down on the ground. "You want to know the best part?" He asked. "What is that?" Carrie said with a smile. "Since we are having the wedding in the field, we have to have it before we leave. Also, we are going to have our honeymoon so we'll have to have the wedding pretty early." He said.

"You're right! We need to be in North Carolina by the middle of August because school starts September 5th. Oh, I really need to start planning the wedding!" Carrie exclaimed and Harrison giggled.

"I'm sure mom and Debbie will help too." He said.

"Yeah, I know. You and your mama come to the house tomorrow. I'm going to ask Meryl and Marilou to come over also. We really need to start planning this wedding, I want to have it as soon as possible."

Harrison smiled and kissed her. "Ok, we'll be there. I love you."  He said.

👰🏻👰🏻👰🏻

"Ok. Can you all please come back over here tomorrow after school?"

Everyone nodded.

"Yes, and I'll also make some calls tomorrow while the four of you guys are at school." Dorothy said.

"Yes, and I will also." Debbie said.

"Thank you all so much." Carrie said then stood up to hug her mother and Dorothy and Harrison did the same.

"Thanks to you too, Mari and Meryl. Thanks for being my maids of honor."

"And thank you Terrance and Todd for being my best men."

Dorothy and Terrance left a few minutes later. After them, Carrie and Harrison left.

"Where are we going, Harry?"

"To get milkshakes. I can't wait until July 4th. Not only is it Independence Day, but it's soon going to be our wedding anniversary."

Carrie smiled and held his hand.

"I can't wait."