Chapter 19: The Day Out

January 7th, 2017

After breakfast, Harrison went to Carrie's house to pick her up. He knocked on the door and Harrison answered.

"Hi, Harry." Carrie said with a smile.

"Hey Carrie." He said with a smile also. "Not to sound rude or anything . . . But what are you doing here?" Carrie asked with a giggle.

"Well, I came here to pick up my fiancé. Have you seen her anywhere?" Harrison asked her jokingly.

Carrie laughed. "You know what, you just missed her. She left a few minutes ago." Carrie answered jokingly.

"Ok you, come on." He took her hand and led her to his truck. Once they were both in the truck and he was driving, she asked, "So, where are we going?"

Harrison smiled. "It's a surprise." He answered. Carrie shook her head and relaxed into the seat as he drove to the destination.

□□ □□ □□

They arrived at a nice park with the greenest grass and bluest stream. It was perfect! There was still a little snow on the ground from the little snow storm they had two weeks before.

Once Carrie was out of the truck, she was already cold. After laying the blanket down on the grass, Harrison noticed how cold she was and gave her his coat. "Thanks Harry," She said. He smiled, "You're welcome."

He put two paper plates and two paper cups on the ground then sat down. He patted to a spot on the blanket next to him and Carrie sat down.

He poured lemonade into both of their cups then started taking food out of the picnic basket. He took out two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He put one on her plate and one on his. Then he pulled out a bowl of blueberries and placed the big bowl in between the two of them.

Then he pulled out two watermelon slices. He put one on her plate and one on his. He then got out some napkins and gave some to her and some to himself. Once done with preparing the picnic, he looked at Carrie and smiled at her surprised face. "Do you like this?" He asked.

Carrie looked at him with her jaw dropped. "You did all of this for us?"

He nodded his head and she leaned over the bowl of blueberries to kiss him.

"This is amazing. Thank you so much, Harry. I also love the food you packed. You know that I love watermelon slices?" She asked with a smile.

"Indeed I do. You've mentioned it a couple of times."

She giggled and they both began to eat.

•••

Carrie and Harrison laid on the blanket, looking up at the sky. The both were finishing the bowl of blueberries together. Harrison looked at Carrie and smiled.

"This has been a great day."

"Yes, it has. Thanks again, Harry, for bringing me here."

"Anything for my fiancè."

Fiancè

Carrie loved it when he called her his fiancè. She still couldn't believe that they were engaged. Nevertheless, she being engaged! She just loved the thought of one day being married to that amazing man she knows and loves . . . Harrison Ford.

"You know, I love it when you call me your fiancè."

"Me too. Why do you think I call you my fiancè so much?" He said

She giggled. "I can only imagine what you'll do when we actually get married."

"I'll remind you twice a minute," He said with a smirk. Carrie shook her head and laughed. "You're something else. I love you, Harrison." She said.

He smiled and placed a kiss to her cheek. "I love you too, Carrie."

🌙🌙🌙

It started getting dark out so Harrison and Carrie started packing up.

"Carebear?"

"Yes?"

"After we get the stuff put up, do you want to put the blanket in the back of the truck and lay there while looking up at the sky for a while?" Carrie smiled.

"Yeah, sure." She said with a smile.

After getting the stuff put up, they laid the blanket in the back of the truck and laid there, just looking up at the sky.

After a while, they decided to go back home.

They got to Carrie's house and Harrison walked her up to the porch.

"Thanks for today, Harry. I had a great time."

Harrison smiled. "Good, I'm glad you did. Text me before you go to bed, I love you."

"I will and I love you too."

She walked into her house and Harrison went back to his truck. He decided to get some ice cream then went back home.

Happy Birthday Billie Catherine Lourd!!!

Now that that's out of the way, I've got some news. I just got the cover for a new story I'm working on!!! 😄 Yay!!!! That should hopefully be up in the next couple of days. Anyway, sorry this is a little short! I've also got a question. I'm about to end this book, so should I make a sequel? Post your thoughts in the comments thanks!

And one more time, happy birthday to #MissUniversal herself Billie Lourd. Billie turned 25 Today! #BCL25

Thanks for reading, (and for putting up with me for this long) I hope you enjoyed the chapter! 😄🙏🙌❤

Love, Kendall 💖🌙