Chapter 23: Fights.

March 20th, 2017

The night before, they let Carrie leave the hospital so she wouldn't have to stay overnight. They told her that everything that had happened just shook her up and everybody all over her had something to do with it.

That morning, she woke up with Harrison sitting on her bed.

"Um, hey Harry . . ."

"Sorry, your mom sent me up. I was just worried about you and I wanted to check on you." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled and took his hand in hers. "Thank you . . . I'll be at school tomorrow." She said and he gasped. "Carrie, are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm more than sure. I've got a big chemistry test tomorrow and I can't miss it."

"But, Carrie . . ."

"But what?!" She exclaimed with a hint of anger in her voice.

"Mark will probably be there!" He exclaimed.

Carrie sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'll be fine, I can't avoid school because of some little boy." She said.

"Carrie, listen-"

"No, you listen! I've been studying this test for two weeks and I'm not missing it just because my overprotective boyfriend doesn't want me being taunted by some stupid, sick boy!" Carrie yelled.

"Fine . . . Go. See if I care. But if I see him near you, I can't promise I'll be there to stop him."

"Great, just great! I'll take care of myself just like before I met you! If I can take care of myself for eighteen years, I can take care of myself eighteen more!" She yelled as he stormed out of her room.

Carrie started crying, took her ring off, and threw it across her room.

✏️✏️✏️

"You two are going to make up, right?" Marilou asked Carrie over the phone.

Carrie held the phone tighter as a tear rolled down her cheek. "I don't know, Mari. We've never fought this bad before. In fact, I don't even know if we've ever fought." Carrie said as she started petting her French bulldog, Lady.

"I'm sure you guys will be ok . . . You're inseparable! You're Cory and Topanga; 2017 edition."

That made Carrie giggle. "Thanks, Mari, I needed that." She said with a small smile.

"Well, it's the truth. Look, Carrie, I've gotta go. See you tomorrow, bye!"

Carrie giggled. "Bye, Mari, love ya." She said then hung up.

‼️‼️‼️

March 21st, 2017.

Carrie walked in the school and saw Todd and Terry.

Right when they saw her, Terrance ran to her and hugged her. "Harrison's dumb, if you guys break up . . . . Please don't hate me." Terrance said.

Carrie let go of him and smiled. "I won't I promise." Carrie said then she turned her head and saw Harrison walking over to her. The boys walked away and he came over to her.

"Carrie, I'm so sorry about what I said. I had a nightmare last night that we stayed mad and you and Mark started dating. Then, I got the engagement ring from you and then he gave you one. You two got married and had kids and I stayed forever alone. Carrie, I love you so much. You're right, I am an overprotective boyfriend. I can't help it, I just don't want nobody messing with you. I'm in love with you and I hope that you can forgive me."

Carrie teared up and pulled him into a hug. "That was so sweet, of course I can forgive you. I'm sorry too. I guess I was still tense from what happened the day before." Carrie said.

Before Harrison could respond, they heard somebody clapping and laughing.

"Beautiful couple! Encore!" Mark exclaimed sarcastically.

Harrison put his arm around Carrie. "Go away, Mark!" He yelled.

"Oh, come on! Carrie, I could give you the world. I'm more rich then he will ever be!"

Carrie stepped away from Harrison and walked up to Mark. She took Mark's hand in hers. "You're right . . . . You can give me more money then he ever could. And for that generous offer, I have something I'd like to give you. Close your eyes." Carrie said. He closed his eyes and Carrie let go of his hand. Then, Carrie gave him a nice punch in the cheek.

"That's for messing with me and for hurting my fiancé."

Mark held his cheek. "I'll never forget you, Carrie!" He yelled as he ran away.

"Too bad! You're already forgotten!"

Harrison smiled and ran over to her. "I love you so much, Carrie!" He said then kissed her.

Carrie smiled. "I know," She whispered.