Chapter 17: White Christmas!

Soon after Carrie got out of the hospital, Harrison got a blue 2011 Ford F-150. So, he could now go wherever he wanted to go.

The next month went by a little quickly and now it was Christmas and Harrison was really busy!

On Christmas Eve, Harrison called Debbie and asked her a question that would change her and his life . . . Along with Carrie's.

However, he'd been thinking about this since the accident. Maybe I'm doing this too quickly, he thought for the millionth time. Wonder if she says no. Wonder if she leaves me!

Well . . . . I'll find out on Christmas night!

December 25th, 2016

Carrie sat in her room and sighed. Harrison hadn't talked to her all day! Not even texting her Merry Christmas or anything!

She decided to watch her favorite Christmas movie, It's A Wonderful Life.

After watching the movie, she finally gave up on Harrison and went to bed. It was only 9:30 pm but what's the point in staying up?

After she laid on the bed she heard a truck pull up in her driveway. She knew who it was. She would know that sound from anywhere.

She ran outside and ran into Harrison's arms.

"Harry," She whispered.

"I . . . I thought you were mad at me. You hadn't texted me or answered me all day!" She exclaimed.

"Come with me," He whispered.

Carrie looked at him and dropped her head. "I . . . I can't, Harrison. Mom wouldn't want me to go out this late. Especially since it's Christmas." She said.

"Go!"

She turned around and saw her mother at the door. "Go . . . go with him."

Carrie smiled and hopped into his truck. "Where to flyboy?" She asked with a smile.

He didn't answer and started driving.

○●○●○●

She gasped when they pulled up to the field. The field was covered in snow which made everything she saw even prettier.

There was a single blanket set up with a single candle in the middle. There was a picnic basket on it and on each corner of the blanket was a picture of them.

She looked behind the blanket and saw white rose petals leading to somewhere then she turned to look at Harrison.

"Harry, what's all of this?"

He smiled and got out of the truck. He went to her side of the truck and took her hand. He led her to where the white rose petals were.

"Today, I went exploring on our field. I found something I really think you'll like."

He led her down the path of the white rose petals and she stopped dead in her tracks when a creek came in sight. In front of the creek was more candles and a record player.

Harrison walked her to the creek and he started the record player and the song White Christmas started playing.

"Carrie, I love you more than anything in this whole entire world!"

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

"I've really only known you since June and I feel like I've known you for a lifetime!"

Just like the ones I used to know,

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me! I love you so much, Carrie Frances Fisher . . . I really do."

Where the treetops glisten,

"And that November afternoon when your life was almost taken by a drunk driver, it opened my eyes . . . I . . . I realised something."

And children listen,

"I wouldn't have been able to go on if you were killed. I . . . I wouldn't. You're my world, my everything. I do everything with you and you do everything with me."

To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

"You're my best friend, my neighbor and also the love of my life."

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

"I'm taking a big risk tonight. You could leave me right here, right now for doing this."

With every Christmas card I write,

"I set this up all for you to show you how much I love you. I can't live without you, Carrie, I can't."

May your days be merry and bright,

"That is why I have decided to do this tonight. Right here, right now. I talked to your mom yesterday along with finding this little creek which will end up being a special place for you and I,"

And may all your Christmases be white.

"Carrie Frances Fisher . . . Will you marry me?"

He dropped down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful diamond ring.

Carrie gasped and tears fell down her face. She dropped to the ground with him and saw that he was crying too. She hugged him and nodded her head.

"Yes! I want to marry you!"

He smiled and hugged her. Then, he took her hand and placed the ring on it.

"How did you get this?" She asked as she admired the ring.

He smiled. "Well, I told my mother that all I wanted for Christmas was money so that I could afford that. Terrance also gave money to me for Christmas."

"Aw, Harry! Well, I've got your Christmas gift at home." Carrie said.

"And, your Christmas gift just happened. Surprise engagement!" He exclaimed.

Carrie giggled and hugged him. "I love you . . . Very much." She said.

"I love you too."