Chapter Twelve

A Lesson Well Learned

September 24th, 2016.

Debbie ran into Carrie's room on that Sunday morning.

"Carrie, we need to go to the hospital." Debbie said. Carrie jumped up. "Why? What's wrong?" Carrie asked.

"You know how Todd went to spend the night with someone last night?" Debbie asked and Carrie nodded. "Well, Harrison called and said that he was taking Fiona for a walk when he saw Todd beat up and left behind a bush." Debbie said.

Carrie's hands shot to her mouth as she gasped. "Oh my God, mom! Where is he?!" Carrie yelled. "Harrison is taking him to the hospital. He was talking to me on the phone on the way there." Debbie said.

"Ok, can we take your car? I really don't want to drive right now." Carrie said. Debbie nodded and Carrie quickly threw on her jean dress and put her hair in a bun.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

As they were driving to the hospital, Carrie decided to text Harrison.

Carrie: Harry?

Harrison: Hey Carrie. We're at the hospital and they got him in a room.

Carrie: Harry, thank you so much.

Harrison: You're welcome but are you ok?

Carrie: I will be once I see Todd. God, I need a hug.

Harrison: I know, Carebear. ❤ I love you.

Carrie: I love you too. See you when I get there.

Carrie smiled  lightly and put her phone down.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie and Debbie ran into the hospital. Carrie saw Harrison and ran to him. "Where's Todd?" Carrie asked. "They won't let me back there yet." Harrison said.

Carrie nodded and Debbie sat down. "I can't wait forever!" Carrie exclaimed. "Shh, let's sit down." Harrison said. Carrie nodded and they sat down.

Ten minutes later, a nurse walked in to the waiting room. "Todd Fisher family." She said. Debbie, Carrie, and Harrison jumped up. "I am his mother." Debbie said.

"Well, ma'am, he's ok. He was beaten up pretty badly, but he's awake and well." The nurse said. "Can we go see him?" Harrison asked. "Yes, you may." The nurse said. "I'll go first. I need a little time with him." Debbie said.

Carrie nodded and sat back down, followed by Harrison. "Hey, he's ok." Harrison said. "He won't be for long. Once I get a hold of him, that is." Carrie said. "Carrie, give him a break." Harrison said. Carrie rolled her eyes and laid her head on his shoulder.

○●○●○●○●○●○

A little while later, Debbie came back in. "You can go in there now, Carrie." Debbie said. "Can Harrison go with me?" Carrie asked. Debbie looked at Harrison then back at Carrie. "Well, of course he can. I just thought that maybe you wanted to go by yourself." Debbie said.

Carrie shook her head and took Harrison's hand. "Ready?" He asked. She nodded and they left the waiting room.

"Mom told me that he is on floor seven, room number seventeen." Carrie said. Harrison nodded and they got on the elevator.

They reached his room and he sat up. "Hey, Carrie . . ." Todd said. Carrie walked in and sat at the foot of his bed. "Why, Todd? Why did you hang around them? What happened?" Carrie asked.

"They told me to get your car and wreck it. When I refused, they beat me up and left me behind a bush." Todd said. Carrie sighed and stood up. "You need to get some rest." Carrie said.

"Thanks, Harrison. For, bringing me here." Todd said. "Anytime kid." Harrison answered. Carrie left the room, followed by Harrison.

"Would you give him a break?" Harrison asked. "No, I won't. There is no sense in him being around those boys." Carrie said. "At least he didn't do what they said." Harrison said

"Yeah, at least." Carrie said. She and Harrison got on the elevator and she hugged him. "I'm so sorry, I'm just having the worst day. This day literally couldn't get worse then it already is.

They got off the elevator and walked into the waiting room. There, Carrie saw a man she thought she wouldn't see for a long time. "Dad," She whispered.

Harrison looked at the man then looked back at Carrie. "I think this day just got worse." She said with a frown.

Woah, plot twist! Sorry that this is a little shorter then usual and sorry about it being updated later. I might not update tonight because I have rehearsal. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Love, Kendall 💖