Chapter Ten: Let's Deal With It

Carrie looked up at him and sighed. "Harry . . . Last week, I started getting really down and depressed. I had a good way of hiding it with you because I didn't want you to worry. Finally, mom took me to the doctor on Friday and I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. The only people who know about it is mom and Todd. I also told the girls today at school." Carrie explained.

"You told Marilou and Meryl before me?" He asked. Carrie nodded. "I was scared to tell you." She said. "Carrie, why?" He asked. "Because . . . I was scared that you would break up with me. I mean, who wants a girlfriend that has mood swings all the time?" Carrie asked.

"No one does. But if someone loves their girlfriend with all of their heart, they can deal with it. Like I can." Harrison said. "You would deal with that for me?" Carrie asked. "I would deal with anything for you. Just because you have this, Carrie, doesn't mean that I'm going to leave you." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled and hugged him. "I love you, Harry." She whispered. He smiled and hugged her back. "I love you too."

○●○●○●○●○●○●

After spending about another hour at the field, Carrie and Harrison went to Reggie's for dinner. After dinner, Harrison took her home. "I'll see you tomorrow, ok." Harrison said. Carrie nodded and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Ok."

He watched her enter her house then went to his house. "Hey Harrison. Terrance told me you went somewhere with Carrie. Everything ok?" Dorothy asked. Harrison sighed and sat at the table with his mom. "Harrison, what's wrong?" Dorothy asked.

"Carrie found out last week that she's Bipolar. Mom, I'm so worried about her." Harrison said. "Oh, Harrison. That's horrible!" Dorothy exclaimed. "I know, she said that she didn't tell me sooner because she was scared that I would leave her." Harrison said and Dorothy gasped. "You better not have left the poor girl, Harrison Ford." Dorothy said.

"No, mom, I didn't. Are you insane? I would never. Anyway, I told her that I would never do that and she seemed to feel better." Harrison said. "Good." Dorothy said. "Well, I'm going to bed mom. Goodnight." Harrison said as he started walking to the stairs. "Night, Harry."

Harrison got up to his room and texted Carrie.

Harrison: Hey 😁

Carrie: Hi Harry 🙂

Harrison: You ok?

Carrie: Yeah, I think I'm ok. The worse thing about it was not being able to tell you.

Harrison: Well, I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Night Carebear ❤

Carrie: Good night, Harry 😚

Harrison put his phone up and fell asleep.

"Oh, I love him." Carrie whispered to herself. She plugged her phone up then fell asleep.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie woke up to her mother calling her. "Carrie, time for school!" Debbie yelled. Carrie groaned and got out of bed.

She saw a text from Harrison and smiled.

Harrison: Good morning! 🤗

Carrie giggled and answered him.

Carrie: Good morning! It's great to stay up late! 😂😂😂 Do you want to ride with me and Todd? Terry can come too of course

Harrison: I have practice this afternoon so I'll drive.

Carrie: Oh, for what? 😃

Harrison: Football

Carrie: Oh, sounds fun!

Harrison: Ok, sweetheart, I'll see you at school.

Carrie: Love you 😉😙

Harrison: Love ya too 😏

Carrie smiled and got dressed. She put on a purple sun dress and a jean jacket. She put on her black flip flops, curled her hair, grabbed her phone and bookbag, then ran out of her room.

Harrison put on a brown t-shirt, khaki shorts, grabbed his phone and bookbag, then ran out of his room.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Harrison had been waiting outside for Carrie about ten minutes and started to get worried. Finally, she drove into the school parking lot and made Harrison sigh out of relief.

Todd got out of the car, ran to Terrance and the two boys walked into the school. Harrison ran to Carrie and gave her a big hug and kiss. "What was that for?" She asked.

"You scared the mess out of me, Carrie. You hadn't gotten here so I thought that something had happened to you." Harrison said. Carrie smiled and took his hand. "I'm ok, just running late. Let's get inside if school." She said causing Harrison to laugh.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

After some classes, it was time for lunch. Carrie walked with Marilou and Meryl to the lunch room.

"So, you told Harrison about the thing?" Marilou asked and Carrie nodded. "Oh, how did it go?" Meryl asked.

"Well, it went better than I thought it would. He took it fairly well." Carrie said. "That's good." Meryl said. "Yeah, I know." Carrie said.

They found Mark and Harrison sitting at a table. "Hey guys." Marilou said. "Hey girls. Have you had a good day?" Mark asked.

Carrie sat beside Harrison who was in the middle of her and Mark. Across from them was Meryl and Marilou.

"Well, besides school, it's been a nice day." Carrie said as Harrison held her hand.

"I'm excited about football season." Harrison said causing everyone at the table to smile. "Yeah, your our best player." Marilou saif causing Mark to gasp. "After you, of course." Marilou said as she reached over the table to pinch Mark's cheek.

He giggled as everyone at the table laughed. "So, your day's been ok?" Harrison asked. "Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry." Carrie answered as she kissed his cheek.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

After school, Harrison walked Carrie back to her car. "So, this afternoon is also tryouts for new students?" Carrie asked. He nodded. "Yeah, Terrance is already on the team so he doesn't have to try out along with me and Mark. But, Todd will." Harrison said.

Carrie sighed and Harrison hugged her. "He'll do fine, Carrie. I've seen the boy play, he's very good." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled and kissed him. "Ok, Harry, I'm going. You said that you would bring Todd home for me right?" She asked as he nodded. "Thanks. I don't want to have to go out. I love you." Carrie said. "I love you too." He answered.

Carrie got into her car and drove home.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie and Debbie were on the couch, in the living room, watching Singin' In The Rain.

"I love this movie," Debbie said. "If only I would have came to Hollywood sooner . . . I could've been in that, you know." Debbie said. Carrie giggled. "Whatever you say, mom." Carrie said.

Just then, they heard the front door open and a very happy Todd run into the living room. "I made it! I made the team!" Todd happily exclaimed.

Carrie jumped up and hugged him. "Todd, seriously?! I'm so happy for you!" Carrie exclaimed.

Debbie smiled and joined in on their hug, now making it a family hug. "Let's go to Reggie's to celebrate!" Debbie exclaimed. "Yay, ok!" Todd exclaimed.

Carrie ran upstairs and got her keys, "I'll drive!"