Chapter eight: A Brand New Car!

July 26, 2016

Debbie told Todd and Carrie this morning that she was becoming an actress and that she was staring in a new movie called, Leap Of Faith. After Debbie told them about the movie, she took Todd somewhere and left Carrie home alone.

Carrie was about to cook lunch when she heard an unfamiliar car pulling into the driveway. She looked out the window and saw a red Volkswagen. She ran outside as her mom stepped out of the car.

Before Carrie could say anything, Todd pulled in after with Debbie's SUV. That's why Todd went with her. Carrie thought. "What is this?" Carrie asked as she examined the car.

"Well, Carrie . . . It's your new car!" Debbie exclaimed as she tossed Carrie the keys. Carrie's eyes widened and looked at her mom. "You're kidding." She whispered. "Nope, I'm not." Debbie said with a smile.

"One second." With that, Carrie ran to the house. She got to her room and grabbed her key chain out of the drawer. It was blue and had Harry written on it, matching the purple one Carrie had gotten Harrison for his birthday. His had her name written on it. She hooked the keychain onto the key ring and ran back outside.

"Can I take it out for a drive?" Carrie asked. "Yes, but be home by ten tonight." Debbie said. Carrie smiled and got into her new car. She started it and drove off.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

After a hour and a half of driving her new car around, Carrie parked her car in Harrison's driveway. She got out and knocked on his door.

He opened the door and smiled at Carrie. Then his eyes widened as he saw the red car that was parked in his driveway. "That's yours?" He asked.

Carrie smiled at his shocked face and answered, "Yes, it is. Mom told me and Todd that she is going to be an actress and she's going to be in a movie called Leap Of Faith. Afterwards, she and Todd left and mom came back with this new car for me!" Carrie exclaimed.

He looked down and saw her holding the keys. On the key ring, was the blue heart keychain she told him about with his name on it. He smiled and looked back at Carrie.

"Can I take you for a ride?" Carrie asked with a smile. "Yeah, ok." He said. She took his hand and led him to her car. "Oh, and one thing. No wearing shoes in my car." Carrie joked then laughed at his face. "I'm just kidding, get in." She said as she got in her car followed by Harrison who was laughing with her.

"Where to?" She asked. "Reggie's." Harrison said. Carrie looked at him and laughed. "Out of all the places I can take you, you choose Reggie's?" Carrie asked. "I haven't ate in three hours, Carrie, I'm starving." He said. Carrie drove out of the driveway and shook her head. "Ok, fine. I haven't had lunch today so I'm fine with it." She said.

Harrison gasped. "How could you skip a meal?" He asked a little offended. Carrie giggled. "Well, I didn't plan on it. I walked into the kitchen to start on lunch then mom drove up with the car and I've been driving it for the past hour and a half." Carrie said. He smiled. "Good, at least you haven't already ate so that we can eat a lot." Harrison said getting a laugh from Carrie.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The waiter brought Harrison and Carrie their food. Carrie ordered a cheeseburger and a side of medium fries and Harrison ordered two double cheeseburgers with a side of large fries.

"You're a pig." Carrie said with a giggle as he ate the last little bit of his meal. "Hey, I may be the pig, but at least I'm not the one dating the pig." Harrison said with his lop sided grin. Carrie shook her head and took the last bite of her cheeseburger and held her stomach. "I'm full." She said.

Harrison looked down and saw the last bit of fries she didn't finish. Carrie saw what he was looking at and smiled. "Yes, Harry, you can have the rest of my fries."

He grabbed the fries and gulped them down. "Thanks." He said. Carrie giggled. "You are ridiculous sometimes." Carrie said while shaking her head.

He smiled and got up to go pay. Once he came back to the table, she put down the tip and grabbed her phone. "Ready?" She asked. He nodded and they left the fast food restaurant.

They got back in her car and Carrie started driving. "Where are we going now?" Harrison asked. "My turn for surprises." Carrie said with a smile. "Carebear, I hate surprises." Harrison said. "So do I, how do you think I feel?" Carrie asked as he sighed.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Right when they hit the road, Harrison knew where they were going. "Yay, the field!" Harrison exclaimed. Carrie smiled. "Yep, you're right." Carrie said.

Right when they pulled up, Harrison was already out. "Why do you love the field so much?" Carrie asked. "Because it's our place. Mom and Terry only come on the fourth of July and I don't even think they want to come anymore. They said they like the actual place better." Harrison said.

"Aw, I love it here too. Just you and me, no one else." Carrie said. "Did you bring a blanket?" Harrison asked. Carrie grabbed the blanket out of the trunk. "Before I picked you up, I went home and got one." Carrie said getting a smile back from Harrison.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

A few hours later, it was time for dinner which meant Carrie and Harrison were ready to leave the field. They got in Carrie's car and they started driving. "Where do we go to eat?" Carrie asked.

"You want subway?" Harrison asked. "Yes, that sounds great. But we are eating inside because no one is aloud to eat in my car." Carrie said. Harrison smiled and reached over to kiss her cheek. "I love you," He whispered. Carrie smiled. "I love you too."

They finally reached subway. Carrie ordered a tuna sub meal with a Dr. Pepper and a bag of cool ranch Doritos. Harrison ordered two meatball subs, a Dr. Pepper, a bag of Cheetos, and an oatmeal cookie.

"Sweetheart, you eat way too much. How are you not fat?" Carrie asked. After eating the last part of his meal, the oatmeal cookie, he looked up at her and smirked. "I don't know." He said. Carrie shook her head and finished her bag of chips. "You ready?" She said as she sipped the rest of her drink. "Yeah, I am." Harrison said as he threw the trash away.

"I'm paying since you payed for lunch." Carrie said. He nodded as she left to go pay. Once she came back, she grabbed her phone. "Let's go." She said. They got in her car and left.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie drove up into his driveway and frowned. "Hey, I'll see you tomorrow." Harrison said as he lifted her chin up. "I know . . . I just hate it when we say goodbye." Carrie said.

He smiled and kissed her. "I love you, Carrie." He said. "I know." She said as he laughed. "I also love it when you talk in star wars quotes." Harrison said causing Carrie to smile.

He stepped out of the car causing Carrie to frown. "Text me tonight." She said. "You know I will." He closed the door and walked to his house. Once he was inside, Carrie drove to her house next door.

She walked in and saw her mother and Todd watching tv. "Did you have a nice time with Harrison?" Debbie asked as she got off of the couch to follow Carrie into the kitchen. "Yeah, we had a great time." She said.

Debbie smiled. "I'm glad you did. So, you like your car?" Debbie asked already knowing the answer. "Like it? Mom, I love it!" Carrie exclaimed before hugging her mom. "Thanks again mom," Carrie said with a smile, "For everything."