Chapter Four: Fourth Of July

Harrison: Happy July 4th, Carebear!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Carrie: Happy July 4th to you too, Harry.
Harrison: I'm taking you out tonight to celebrate. I'll be at your house at five to pick you up.

Carrie smiled.

Carrie: Ok, see you in a few hours. 😄
Harrison: I love you
Carrie: I love you too. 😚😆

Carrie ran downstairs and saw Todd and Debbie already eating. "Nice of you to show up." Todd said getting Carrie to glare at him. "Mom, Harrison is taking me out for the fourth of July." Carrie said. Debbie smiled. "Oh, fun! Where is he taking you?" Debbie asked. "I don't know, he just said that he'll be here at five." Carrie said.

"Wow, he's finally getting rid of you. Took him long enough." Todd said while laughing. Carrie walked over to where he was sitting and slapped his head. "I can do much worse." She said.

"Anyway," Carrie finished, "I'll be with him tonight. I'll be home by midnight." "Or not at all." Todd added. "Ok, that's it!" Carrie yelled as Todd took off up the stairs as Carrie ran after him.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Harrison woke up and saw his mother Dorothy cooking. "Hi Harry." Dorothy said. "Hey ma, I'm taking Carrie out tonight so I'll most likely be home by maybe eleven." Harrison said. "Eleven at night, right?" Dorothy asked as Harrison laughed. "Yes mom." He said.

"Ok, good." Dorothy said. Harrison smiled and sat at the table. A few minutes later, he heard footsteps down the stairs. Terrance came in and smelt the food. "Yum, what are you cooking?" Terrance asked with a smile.

"French toast." Dorothy said as Terrance licked his lips. "Sounds delicious." Terrance said getting a giggle back from his mom.

She got done cooking and handed the boys their breakfast and all three started eating.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie put on a red tank top with white jean shorts. With that, she wore blue flip flops in honor of July the Fourth.

Carrie heard a knock and flew down the stairs and answered it. Harrison stood there wearing a white t-shirt, blue shorts, and red flip flops. "Very patriotic." Carrie said. "You as well." Harrison said back.

Carrie giggled. "Ready to go now?" Carrie asked with a smile. Harrison nodded. "Yep, I am." Harrison said. "Mom, I'm gone!" Carrie yelled. "Ok, bye dear!" Debbie yelled. Carrie smiled and walked to the mustang with Harrison.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Carrie poked his arm. "Come on, Harry, tell me! Where are we going?" Carrie asked. "It's a surprise, Carrie." Harrison said for the millionth time.

Carrie sighed and sat back in her seat. She laid her head on the head rest and sighed. "Fine. I'm not going to bother you anymore." Carrie said. "Good, thank you." Harrison said.

A little while later, they pulled into a field. "Harry, where are we?" Carrie asked.

"Mom, Terry, and I come here every year. Every year, you can see fire works in the distance. We come here because it's quiet. This year, I asked if I can bring you and they said they would go to the actual place this year." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled. "Aw, Harry. I love it." Carrie said. "It's almost six and it starts at eight thirty so I packed us a picnic." Harrison said as he pulled the basket out of the mustang. Carrie smiled and hugged him. "Oh, I love you." Carrie whispered. Harrison smiled and hugged her back. "I love you too, Carebear." Harrison said.

He sat a blanket on the ground along with the basket. He and Carrie sat down at the same time and began to eat the Ham and cheese sandwiches he fixed.

After eating, they laid on the blanket and stared up at the sky. Carrie took his hand and smiled. "Thank you." Carrie whispered. "For what?" Harrison asked. Carrie smiled and gave his hand a squeeze. "For everything. Since we got together, you've been nothing but good to me." Carrie said. "Aw, you're welcome sweety." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled and closed her eyes. For the first time in her life, she actually felt relaxed. For the next to hours, she laid outside. Until Harrison sat up. "It's about to start." Harrison said then Carrie sat up. Carrie scooted over closer to him as the first firework went off. She leaned her head against his chest as another went off.

For the next two hours, they stayed like this. Until, at eleven, it was all over. Carrie had fallen asleep so Harrison gently laid her on the blanket so he could pack up the basket. Once done, he picked up Carrie and the blanket and wrapped her in it. He set her down gently in his mustang then started heading home.

After fifteen minutes of being on the road, Carrie woke up. "Good morning, sleepy head." Harrison said. "It is not the morning." Carrie said with a giggle. "Yeah, I know. You fell asleep right before it was over." Harrison said with a smile. "I'm sorry, Harry." Carrie said with a sleepy smile. "I'm not mad, sweetheart. I almost fell asleep myself but someone had to drive us home." Harrison said causing Carrie to giggle.

○●○●○●○●○●○

Harrison parked the mustang in his driveway then walked Carrie home. "Goodnight, Harry." Carrie said. Harrison smiled and gave her a hug. "Goodnight angel. Sweet dreams, I love you." Harrison said. Carrie smiled. "Sweet dreams and I love you too." Carrie said as he let go of her.

Carrie walked in her house and saw her mom in the living room. "Where did he take you?" Debbie immediately asked. "To a field to watch the fireworks." Carrie said as Debbie smiled. "Oh, how romantic!" Debbie exclaimed. "Mom," Carrie said with a yawn. Debbie smiled and walked Carrie to her room. "Get some sleep, dear. You've had a long day." Debbie said.

"Goodnight, mother." Carrie said. Debbie smiled and walked out of her room. "Goodnight, Carrie." With that, she closer Carrie's door and headed downstairs to go to sleep herself.

○●○●○●○●○

Harrison walked into the house and saw Terrance, on the couch, watching star wars. "You're watching star wars without me?" Harrison asked. "Yeah, I just got done with The Empire Strikes Back. Now, I'm watching Return of the Jedi. You can watch if you want, you've only missed twenty minutes." Terrance said.

"As much as I want to, I'm tired. There is no way I would stay up. Tomorrow, I want to watch the prequels." Harrison said. Terrance laughed. "Ok, goodnight big bro." Terrance said. "Goodnight, little bro." With that, Harrison walked upstairs to his room and fell asleep.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get on a schedule with uploading two times a day. Since I just started this book, I'm really excited so I'm kind of updating a lot but it'll start getting normal tomorrow.