Chapter Sixteen: I'm Ok . . . Maybe

The heart moniter started going again. Her heart was beating. She had a pulse! Harrison gasped in amazement. Then, all three of them saw something they thought they would never see again.

Carrie's eyes fluttered open and she was smiling a bright smile. "Harry!" She whispered.

Harrison felt tears roll down his cheek and he bent down to hug Carrie.

"I . . . We didn't think you would make it. You scared the life out of us, Carebear." He said.

Carrie wiped the tears off of his cheek and frowned. "I'm sorry, Harry. I'm ok." Carrie said.

After Carrie talked to Todd and Debbie for a while, they left Harrison and her alone.

"So, I'm sure the mustang was destroyed." Carrie said as he nodded. "Yeah, it was. But you're ok and that's all that matters." Harrison said

Carrie smiled as he came and hugged her. "You're going to get to leave in a couple of days." Harrison said. "I can't wait . . . I'm ready to leave already." Carrie said. Harrison sighed and looked at her. "I know . . . But I'll be here with you. I'm not leaving." Harrison said.

Carrie smiled at him. "Sweety, you don't have to stay with me." Carrie said. He sat next to her on the bed, careful not to hurt her. "Yes, I do. I'm staying with you, Carrie, I love you." Harrison said.

Then, Debbie came in. Carrie smiled. "Hi mom!" Carrie exclaimed. Debbie put on a fake smile. "Hello, sweety. Harrison, can I talk to you outside for a minute? I won't keep you too long." Debbie said. Harrison and Carrie looked at each other then back at Debbie.

"Sure."

Harrison followed Debbie out and she closed the door behind them. "We've got a problem." Debbie said gaining all of Harrison's attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern evident in his voice.

"Eddie's coming."

Harrison's jaw dropped and he just stared at her.

"You mean here?! To Beverly Hills?! Debbie, Carrie's going to flip out!" Harrison exclaimed.

"I know, I know. I don't want him here either, but he insists to come to see if she's ok. I can't stop him, Harrison." Debbie said.

Harrison nodded and Debbie frowned.

"Could you . . . . . Could you maybe tell her for me? It'll be best if you tell her, she'll just . . . . Just yell at me. You know how feisty she is." Debbie said nervously with a stutter.

Harrison nodded.

"Yeah, I can. I'll go right now,"

Harrison walked into the room and with a smiling Carrie.

"You look happy . . ." Harrison said.

Carrie giggled and hugged him as he came closer to his hospital bed. Then she noticed his sadness.

"What's wrong?"

Harrison sighed. "Carebear, I've got news . . ."

"Oh my God! I can't go home?!"

"No, no, you're going home, but . . . Eddie is coming to see you."

Carrie shook her head and hugged him tighter. "Lord, give me strength. I can't do it!" Carrie exclaimed.

🔥🔥🔥

Eddie walked through the door of her room and Carrie immediately put on a fake smile.