Chapter Five: The Day Together

Carrie woke up to a kiss on her lips. She smiled, immediately knowing who it was. She opened her eyes and saw Harrison smiling down on her. "Harry, hi." Carrie said with a smile. "Hey, Carebear." He said.

"What are you doing here?" Carrie asked. "I haven't seen you in two days and and I'm going crazy." Harrison said. Carrie smiled and hugged him. "By the way, Debbie told me to tell you that she cooked breakfast. I'm also pretty hungry so . . ." Harrison said. Carrie smiled and stood up. "When are you not hungry? Come on, let's go eat." Carrie said.

He smiled as they walked down the stairs. Once reaching the kitchen, they saw Todd and Debbie already at the table. "Your plates are on the table." Debbie said. Carrie and Harrison got their plates and sat down at the table.

"What are you guys going to do today?" Debbie asked. "I have no idea, what are we doing today?" Carrie asked. "Well, I was thinking that we could go walk our puppies at the park." Harrison said. "Oh, fun! After I eat, I'll get Lady." Carrie said. "Ok, and I have to go get Fiona." Harrison said.

○●○●○●○○●○●○●○

After they ate, they got their dogs and started heading towards the park. "Where do you go to school?" Carrie asked. Harrison smiled. "Me and Terry go to Perryston High School, home of the pirates!" Harrison exclaimed. "I wanted to ask because mom's going to start enrolling us in school soon and I, of course, want to be with you and Terry. Todd is good friends with your brother also, so he wants to be with him." Carrie said.

"So, I know that you're eighteen so you're a senior?" He asked. "Mom held me back in kindergarten. What about you?" Carrie asked. "I failed eighth." He answered. "Aw, poor Harry!" Carrie exclaimed.

They got to the park and sat on a bench as Fiona and Lady ran around. "You know I love you, right?" Harrison asked. "Yes, I do. And I love you too." Carrie said with a smile.

"I'm thinking about getting my own dog." Harrison said. "I thought that Fiona was yours." Carrie said. "Well, she's really mom's. Since dad died a few months ago, we got the dog for her." Harrison said. Carrie nodded and laid her head on Harrison's shoulder. "I'm tired because someone woke me up this morning." Carrie said.

"I wonder who did that?" Harrison asked. Carrie smiled and closed her eyes. "Please don't go to sleep again. I don't want to carry you home." Harrison said. "First of all, you could wake me up. Second of all, I'm not going to sleep I'm just closing my eyes." Carrie said. "I can't wake you up, because you are too adorable when you sleep." Harrison said.

"Well, that didn't stop you this morning." Carrie said. Harrison laughed and placed a kiss on top of her head. "Hey, let's take the dogs back then go get lunch." Harrison said. "Sounds good to me. Lady!" Carrie yelled then whistled. "Fiona!" Harrison yelled followed by a whistle.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

They took the dogs back then went to Reggie's burger joint. "The burgers here are great." Carrie said as she took another bite. Harrison smiled. "Me and Terry come here for burgers all the time." Harrison said. "Now I know why. I'm sure that Todd would love this place. I might bring him here tomorrow." Carrie said. "Can me and Terry come?" Harrison asked. "Let Me think about it . . . Just kidding, of course you can." Carrie said.

Harrison paid for the food and they got back in his mustang. "Where are we going now?" Carrie asked. "You want to go to the field? I still have the blanket in the back seat." Harrison said. Carrie smiled. "Ok, sounds fun." She said.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

They stayed at the field the whole afternoon. Finally, they decided to leave. "I'm hungry." Harrison said. "You always are. Here, you want to eat with your family?" Carrie asked. "Yes, but I want you to eat with us too." Harrison said. "Ok, I can." Carrie said with a smile.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

They got back to Harrison's house and Dorothy was almost done cooking. Carrie was in the living room with Harrison and Terrance.

"So, you're really going to take me and Todd to Reggie's?" Terrance asked. "Yep, why not?" Carrie asked. Terrance smiled. "Yay, I can't wait." Terrance said. "Dinner is ready!" Dorothy yelled.

Carrie and the boys walked in. "What did you make?" Terrance asked. "Chicken and dumplings." Dorothy said. Harrison smiled and grabbed a bowl for him and Carrie. "Mom makes the best chicken and dumplings in the whole world." Harrison said. "Yay, I can't wait to try it." Carrie said.

Carrie tried and loved the meal. They went to the living room after eating to watch football. They were watching their favorite team play, the cowboys. Carrie looked at the clock and thought it'd be a good time to go home. "Well, I'm going home. I'll see you tomorrow, Terry." Carrie said. "I'll walk you home." Harrison said.

Harrison walked her to her house. "I love you, text me tonight." Carrie said after he kissed her. "Ok, I will. Bye, see you tomorrow." Carrie smiled then walked into the house.

Harrison went back home and continued watching the game with his family.