Chapter 18: Happy New Years!

December 31st, 2016

At 10:30 pm, Carrie and Harrison were already at the field.

"So I was thinking-"

"Wow, that's a shock!" Carrie exclaimed playfully.

Harrison playfully glared at her.

"Haha, you're hilarious. Anyway, we should get married this summer. Like, a month or two after we graduate. It's up to you, of course."

"Ok, I like that idea. The sooner I'm Mrs. Ford, the better." Carrie said and both of them laughed.

"Ok. I only have one request for this wedding," Harrison said.

"And that is?"

"That it's about the two of us . . . And also for you to plan it the way you want." Harrison said and Carrie smiled. "Well, if we do it the way I want, we both do it together. I want you to have some suggestions too." Carrie said.

Harrison smiled.

"Deal."

🎉🎉🎉

Carrie and Harrison had been watching New Years Rockin Eve the whole night.

"This is my second time watching this." Carrie said.

Harrison gasped and turned to look at her. "You've only watched this one other time?" He asked. Carrie nodded. "In Boston, dad was one of the biggest singers. So, with saying that, every single New Years, he would have this big show and party. Mom, Todd, and I had to go to it every year." Carrie said.

Harrison nodded. "Wow." He said. "Yeah, I know. It's nice to have a relaxing New Years. Isn't it cool? We might be married next New Years." Carrie said.

Harrison looked at her and smiled. "I sure hope so. I . . . I love you, Carrie."

With a smile, Carrie responded, "I love you too, Harry."

They kissed and watched some more of the show.

🎉🎉🎉

"Ready?"

Carrie nodded and they began the count down.

10

Hi, I'm Carrie.

9

Hi, I'm Harrison.

8

Will you be my girlfriend, Carrie?

7

Yes, I will.

6

I love you, Carrie.

5

I love you too, Harrison

4

Carrie Frances Fisher, will you marry me?

3

Yes, Harrison, I will!

2

My Carebear . . . My Harry . . .

1

12:00 am.

January 1rst, 2017.

They started the New Year off with a kiss.

"Happy New Years, Carebear."

"Happy New Years, Harry."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

💛💛💛

Carrie woke up in the morning and put her engagement ring on. She loved waking up and doing that everyday. She walked downstairs and her mom was cooking breakfast.

"Hi, Carrie." She said with a smile. Carrie smiled and hugged her mom. "Hello mom, what're you cooking?" She asked.

"Pancakes and bacon."

Carrie licked her lips. "Yum . . . Is Todd awake?" Carrie asked. Debbie shook her head. "He went to Harrison's to stay with Terry last night." She said. Carrie nodded and sat down at the table.

After eating, Carrie went next door to Harrison's house.

She walked in and he was in the living room with Todd and Terry. He smiled once he saw her walk in and got up.

"Hello, sweetheart. Happy New Years."

Carrie smiled. "Happy New Years to you too, Harry." She said.

He smiled and kissed her. "Want to go ice skating?" Harrison asked in a whisper with a smile.

"Sure. But why are we whispering?" Carrie asked also in a whisper with a giggle.

"If the boys know, they'll want to go too." He said

Carrie smiled and they ran out the door.

⛸⛸⛸

Harrison and Carrie pulled up on a lake.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Carrie asked.

Harrison nodded. "Yeah, me and Terrance go every year. I took him last week. Now it's our turn." He said.

Carrie smiled and both of them got their skates on.

He led Carrie on to the lake covered in thick ice.

"Ready?"

She nodded and they both skated together, hand in hand.

"This is nice isn't it?" He asked with a smile.

She smiled. "Yes, it really is. Just you and me, happily skating on the lake. I can't believe we're engaged. I never thought I would love someone as much as I love you. It's funny, before I met you, I never wanted to get married. In fact, I hated the thought of marriage." Carrie said.

"Why?"

"Because of my parents. Every other night, they would fight in the middle of the night. I remember me and Todd, standing at our bedroom door, listening to them scream and yell at each other."

Harrison frowned and sighed, then pulled her to his chest.

"Can I make you a promise?"

Carrie nodded.

"Everybody has arguments here and there. But Carrie Fisher, I promise you that we will not fight everyday. I promise to do the best I can and try to make your life with me the happiest it can be. I love you Carrie and I do not want your life to be horrible. I want it to be the exact opposite, even if it means I'm not happy. So I promise you that I will forever try to be the best husband for you."

Tears fell down Carrie's face and she hugged him tighter.

"I love you, Harry." She whispered.

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I love you too, Carebear."

⛸⛸⛸

Harrison dropped Carrie off at home then went home himself.

He walked through the door and was greeted by his husky.

"Hey girl,"

He walked upstairs in his room and texted Carrie.

Harrison: Hey love, I'm home. I hope you had a great night ❤

Carrie: I did. Thanks for taking me out today. I love you

Harrison: I love you too. Goodnight, sweety.

Carrie: Night ❤

Harrison smiled and put his phone away. He watched a little bit of tv then fell asleep.

Carrie charged her phone, smiled, then fell asleep.