Epilogue

May 28th, 2017.

Carrie stood in front of the mirror, checking her hair, when Harrison walked in. He came up behind her, put her cap on her head, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We're graduating."

Harrison said and Carrie nodded. "Wow." She said.

"Yeah, I know. It feels like just yesterday I met you."

"That was the best day of my life."

Harrison smiled. "Same here." He said as he rested his chin on top of her cap and closed his eyes.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"Dad called last night and said he wasn't coming. He said that he had better things to do today. Mom yelled at him and tried to get him to come but he said he didn't want to. Then he told mama that he was going to get married today to some girl named Elizabeth and that she was pregnant. They were going to go to the court house today. He said he was going to make a better life for himself and forget all about us."

Harrison's jaw dropped and he looked at Carrie's eyes in the mirror. She had tears going down her face.

"Carrie . . . . I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

Carrie turned around to hug him.

After a few minutes of crying, Harrison released her from the hug.

"We've got to fix your makeup, Debbie's going to have a fit."

Carrie giggled and nodded her head. "Ok, but you're going to help me." She said and he smiled. "Deal."

🎓🎓🎓

As valedictorian, Carrie got to make a speech.

"Last year, my mom divorced my dad and we moved to Beverly Hills. I was very nervous about moving here, but it ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me. Three weeks after I moved here, I met my soon to be husband Harrison.

"Hi, I'm Harrison."

The day after we met, we already were in love with each other.

"I . . . Uh . . . I think I might be in love with you."

After that day, we were inseparable. We've had problems to face together and challenges to get through, but we made it. After we get married, we are going to North Carolina for college. If it wasn't for you, my Harry, I wouldn't have made it through this year. So I want to thank you. I love you so much.

Also, my mother. We've had our problems through the years, but she's still my mama. She's gone through a lot with our father, her own mother, and with the big move we made. Thank you mommy, I love you.

And my brother, Todd. That idiot's done nothing but get on my nerves but I still love him.

Thank you everybody . . . Have a blessed life, and may the force be with you."

Harrison laughed at the last part and wiped his tears. He clapped the loudest for his fiancé. She deserved it. She'd been through a lot the past year. Her bipolar disorder, her father, just everything in general. She deserved this more than anybody.

🎓🎓🎓

Harrison and Carrie threw a graduation party in her backyard. They just had his family, her family, and their friends. Mark Hamill, Meryl Streep, and Marilou. Right after they threw their hats up at the ceremony, Mark proposed to Marilou. So they are going to try to get married soon.

So this was a graduation and engagement party!

"I can't believe we graduated!" Marilou said. "Me neither, it finally happened." Harrison said.

"Where's Carrie?" Mark asked.

Harrison looked inside of the house and saw her standing at the sink alone. "She's in the kitchen, I'll be right back." He said. He left his friends and walked into her house.

"Carebear . . . You ok?"

Carrie turned her head and smiled. "Yeah, I was just thinking." She said.

"About?"

"Us. I can't believe we are going to be married in almost a month."

Harrison smiled and hugged her. "I know. I'm so excited." He said.

Carrie sighed and looked down. "You . . . You're not going to leave me, right?" She asked.

When she said that, she broke Harrison's heart.

"Never, sweetheart. Why would you even think something like that?"

Carrie laid her head against his chest and whispered, "Because . . . . My mom and dad loved each other a lot then he started being horrible to her."

Harrison's eyes watered and he held her closer. "I would never do that to you. You told me what happened to your dad. He got on drugs real bad and it messed up their relationship. Then he started cheating on her. Since the day I met you, I haven't even thought of another girl. That will never happen to us, Carrie. I love you way too much to let that happen." He said.

Carrie smiled. "I love you. Harrison." She said.

"I love you too, Carrie."

🎓🎓🎓

That night, after the party, Harrison took Carrie to the field.

"What are we doing here?" Carrie asked with a smile.

"We are here to dance like nobody's watching. This is our night."

Harrison put the stereo on the hood of his car and put it on the old country's station.

"Next up is Johnny Cash, I Walk The Line." The radio man said.

Carrie and Harrison both smiled, this was their favorite old country song.

Harrison held out his hand. "May I have this dance?" He asked and Carrie giggled. "Yes, you may." She said and they started slow dancing, in the field, to I Walk The Line.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,

"You're so beautiful."

I keep my eyes wide open all the time,

"And you're so amazing."

I keep the ends out for the tie that binds,

"I love you so much, Carrie."

Because you're mine,

"I love you so much too, Harrison."

I walk the line . . .

---

Be on the look out for the sequel, Moving Forward. It'll be out by tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the feedback and love on I Walk The Line. It means so much to me.

I can't for the sequel. We'll get to see what happens in their lives together! It's going to be so amazing, I'm so excited!

Thank you to everyone . . . For walking the line with me, Carrie, and this book 🙏🏽