Chapter 8

* 1 week later after the dinner party*

Pooja POV.

Right now I'm standing inside a toy store, I am here to buy toys and gifts for my seven kids. Yes, I have 7 kids, but they are not my kids actually, I'm a social worker, I have adopted them. Every Sunday I go to orphanage to meet them. But last Sunday I wasn't able to meet them, because Dom has invited me for dinner at his place. I purchased a badminton kit, football, cricket kit, baseball and few barbie dolls. I put all those toys into my car trunk and then started driving.

Suddenly *bang bang*
With a sudden jerk, my car stopped automatically in middle of nowhere. Feeling confused I got out of my car.
"Oh god! What happen to this car in middle of the road", I got out of my car and saw two flat tyers at back side","shit, how am I supposed to reach orphanage now, I should call a cab, with that I took my phone and opened cab app. But I couldn't book anything.
"What no signal, damm it", I kicked my car tyers.
"Ah, ah, ah, it hurts", I cried. Feeling numbness on my leg.

Then I saw a car is coming toward my direction, I think I should take a lift from them, no no but this is dangerous what if the person sitting inside is a mafia or criminal, he will kill me", I thought
But then that car stopped in front of me. Oh god! Why did the car stopped in front of me. I didn't raised hands to take lift.
"Hello, Pooja", the person sitting inside the car at the back seat said while rolling his seat window down. I saw Mr. Dominic Giovanni was sitting there. A wave of relief washed over my body.
"Hello, Dom please help me, I have two flat tyers, but I don't know how to fix them, and I'm getting late to meet my kids, please help", I pleaded wish if Dom could help me out of it.

Dominic POV.

"....meet my kids, please help", those words are registered in my mind.
Is she married, and having kids, but why then she is living with Sara, so many questions in my mind. I never thought the girl who i love the most in this world will break my heart and lying with me.

I regretted for what i done, because i'm the one who was following her since morning, and I'm the one who is responsible for her flat tyers, because i want to help her to give her a drive and spent some time alone with her. But that girl in front of me is a liar, she lied.
"Dom, dom what happened, please help naa, it not so far from here, please drop me there", she said.
I was on the top of my anger, there is a urge within me to kill this girl right now. But i kept aside my urge and ordered my driver to take care of her car, and i decided to take her where she want to go.
"Oh! Wait a minute, some stuff are in my tunk, i also have to take them with me", she said and opened her trunk.
So many toys and game equipment. I helped her with her stuff and starting driving.
"Thanks for helping Dom", she said.
I didn't spoke to her, during whole drive.
"What happen anything wrong, you are not speaking", she asked.
I was heartbreak still helping her can't she just stay quiet, my blood is boiling, i can kill her right away, but can't help my feeling that i love her and she owe my life, because of her i'm alive today. I set aside my anger.
"How many kids do you have?", i asked by lowering my tone.
" 7 kids, you will love them, once you meet them", she said smiling.
" 7 kids, fucking 7 kids. Omg! I can't believe my ears", i thought rather then talking to her, i decided to stay quiet during whole ride.

*20 minutes later*

"Stop, stop we are here", she said.
"St. Maria Orphanage", i read the board.
"Why are we here Pooja, don't you wanna meet your kids", i asked.
"I'm here to meet my kids, Dom", she said.
"What you kept your kids in an orphanage, what kind of joke is this", i asked frustrated.

"Ah! Dom you are taking this wrong, they are not my kids, actually i have adopted them, i have rescued these 7 kids from a gang who were selling these kids for human trafficking", she said.
Omg! Shit. Damm it.
She is not married, she has adopted 7 kids. And i was thinking she is lying with me. I felt a ashamed of my feeling.

"Hey, Dom help me with this stuff", she said picking out things from trunk.
"I'm sorry Pooja", " i thought really thought wrong about you, that your are married and your are keeping your kids in an orphanage, i'm sorry", i said.
She laughed.
"Ha ha ha, Dom don't be sorry, it happens, i'm not offended", she smiled.
" now help me", she said.

We took those stuff inside the building.
"Didi, didi", a pack of 7 kids said running towards Pooja.
"Hello kids, how are you?", she said
"We are very angry with you didi, why didn't you came, last sunday", a 6 year old girl asked.
"Sorry lilly, i was busy at last Sunday, please forgive me", she said.
"No you are not forgiven, untill unless you buy me a new barbie doll, matt has broke my old one", little girl said making a pout.
"Matt, why you have broke Lilly doll?", she said while faking anger. She looks cute.
"No didi, i didn't Lilly snatched it from me and the doll broke into two pieces", a 9 year old boy said.
"Okay, okay look what have i bought for you", she said showing them the stuff.
" wow didi new barbie doll", a 4 year old girl said.
" yes, honey this is for you", she said giving her a doll.

"Hello Pooja, you came, kid were waiting for you", a nun said.
"Yes Mother Maria, i was busy last Sunday, i didn't able to come so i bought gift for kid, so that they won't be angry on me", she said smiling.

"And, you bought a guest with you"

Pooja introduced us. "Mother Maria, meet Mr. Dominic Giovanni. He is a business man. Dom meet Mother Maria she is this orphanage caretaker"

"Omg! Mr.Giovanni your are here in my orphanage", Mother Maria said.
"Hello Mother Maria", i said extending my hand for shake.