Chapter 3

Sounds of two maids scampering around wake me up. I lift my head up looking at the clock. It's six and I don't have a meeting til one. Mary sees me and leads me to the tub. She puts my hair into a messy bun to keep it out of the water. Once my bath is finished she gets my bath robe. I throw it on and sit at my vanity. She applies the same amount of make up as usual, and skin tone colors and a light pink lipstick. She grabs a flowy white quarter length sleeve shirt and a black skirt that goes to my knees.

Her hands let my hair down and brush the long fiery waves. She braids part of my hair into a crown across my forehead, then puts the rest in a tight bun in the back. I thank her and Paige, and head to my study.

There's a Halloween festival coming up soon. So many memories flood back at this time of year. The Selection, Marlee and Carter, Maxon and I. Some of it I wish I could forget but I think they've made me a stronger person. I start to plan the food and decorations. Orange and black are the main colors of Halloween. Candy will be in bowls for the children. It will still be a ball. Maxon and I have to figure something out in a week. Either make up or put on an act. I have a feeling it will be the second choice.

Once it's eleven, I realize I haven't even had breakfast. I was so eager not to see Maxon, I completely forgot. I give my hand a rest and wander to the kitchen. Chefs greet me. I grab a bagel with cream cheese and a glass of orange juice. I sit at a little table and watch the meals being cooked everywhere. Once I finish eating I head back up.

I stop and look out the huge windows. The garden look marvelous in the morning. The sun shines and the blue sky matches my eyes. I run to my study and grab my things. I take a seat on the bench. I scratch some ideas down and put that aside. A slight breeze blows my papers up on the clip boards. I rest an elbow on my knee and behold the spectacular atmosphere. After a few minutes I get back to work.

I scribble down numbers and right down notes for the budget. I rub my temples in circles. Overwhelmed with numbers filling my brain. A soft voice fills the silence and the birds chirping. My ears tune into what the person is saying. "We'll go when the guard leaves," the person whispers.

"I think we should go now."

"No we have to wait."

"We have her in our sights."

Once I realize they're talking about me casually get up. Trying not to draw attention to me. My pace starts to pick up towards the doors. Two arms tackle me to the ground. Putting me on my back. A man puts a long strip of tape over my mouth. My screams and shouts are muffled. "If you be quiet I'll go easy on you," his voice says. The smell of cigarette smoke fills my nose. I sqirm underneath him but my presses my shoulders into the ground. I whimper but I know nobody can hear me. He wraps the tape around my arms and legs.

The guard from the door is dragged next to me. His forehead has a big gash on it. He's limp as they flop him down. He rolls his head around then falls on me. Tape covers his mouth and rope is bound around his arms and legs. He tries to break free but fails. The man pulls out a gun with a silencer on it. He holds a finger up to his lips and shushes me. Two men come from the bushes and guard me on the ground. The man drags the guard away from me. He lifts the gun up to his head and fires. It's nothing but a whisper. The brown headed man comes to my ear, "That's what's gonna happen if you don't behave," he whispers. A tear runs down my cheek. "Don't cry. I'll take care of you really well." One of the two men lift me over their shoulder and carry me away. The rebel alarm never went off.

They carry me out into the woods. A black paneled van is waiting. They throw me in the back. The man with the gun gets in the back with me. The other two get in the front. The guy peels the tape off my face. "You're probably wondering why we're doing this. I can't tell you a reason but we got orders to do whatever we want to you. As long as you're alive. So congrats we are sparing your life," he says. I scoot away from him and he laughs. "Anyways I'm Aaron. That's Brian and that's Geo. It's nice to finally meet you your highness."

The van comes to an immediate stop and I fly to the floor. I sit back up. Aaron grabs my legs and drags me towards him. I kick at him but he pulls me towards him. "We're gonna have some fun," he says in my ear. I slap him and he shakes his head. He bashes my head into the floor, making me lose sight. I regain it and he's peeking in my skirt. "Aaron stop being pervertive."

"Boss said I can do whatever I want," he says running his hand up my leg, lifting my skirt up. "We ask you not to do anything while we're present."

"Fine," he grunts. He holds me tightly to his chest. Once the van comes to a complete stop they take the keys out. "We're here," Aaron says. He throws me over his shoulder. Little houses are everywhere. People are are staring at me. Little kids run around playing. Aaron goes into a room and throws me on the floor. I moan in pain. "We got her," he says. "Good, now just keep her alive. Do whatever. I don't care," the mystery man says. Aaron picks me up and takes me in a house. It must be his because his picture of him is hanging up.

He trudges up his stairs and opens a door. He slings me off his shoulder onto a soft surface. "This is how it's gonna work. You're gonna behave with me and I won't kill you."

"Your boss said you can't kill me."

He grabs my hair and pulls my ear to his mouth. "If you don't, I will go to the palace myself and kill everyone there. That includes your little husband." He pushes my head down on the bed. A smirk forms on his face. I start to back up to the other side of the bed.

He jumps on the bed and gets on top of me. His legs straddle me and pin me in. He pins my arms above my head and breathes across my neck. "You're quite pretty," he says. His lips hit my neck and kiss it along my jawline. One of his hands fall to the bottom of my shirt. It slides up touching my skin. He chuckles in my ear. He lifts it up revealing my barely covered chest. His hand pulls it over my head, and throws it somewhere behind him. He slides his lips down to my stomach kissing it. I try to push him off but he doesn't budge. I whimper and squirm. "Aaron!" Someone shouts, "get down here!" He moans and gets off of me. I cover my chest with my hands. He throws my shirt at me and leaves. I throw it on quickly.

Once I hear that he's all the way down the stairs I tip toe to the window. His gun lays on the nightstand next to his bed. I grab it. I look back and lift the window up. When I look down I'm a story up. He has a little window sill outside. I step out onto it. I stand there hugged up against the side of the house. I softly shut the window. It doesn't look too high. I sit down then slide off, gently landing on my feet. I get over his little fence and bolt off.