Chapter 56

America's POV

I wake up with Maxon hogging the bed. He's sprawled out with his mouth wide open. I shake my head at him. I throw a robe on and go out to my balcony.

Everytime I come out here it's like everything doesn't matter. Only what's in front of me. It's always beautiful out here. The sun is rising across the rows of trees. There's a slight breeze. If only every morning is as perfect as today's.

Two hands wraps around me to my stomach. A chin rests on my shoulder. Maxon rocks side to side. "Good morning you two," he says, "how are you feeling this morning?"

"Pretty good so far."

"We have to go back to work soon," Maxon says.

"What?" I whine, "that was only like a week."

"It was actually a month. When I spend time with you, years feel like seconds. Time flies when I'm with you."

"Time flies doesn't fly when I'm having fun. It flies because I'm with you, and when I'm with you I have fun," I say twisting around to face him. "I have fun when I'm kissing you," he says chuckling slightly. He gives me a kiss on the lips.

He hoists me up and lays me on the bed. He slowly unties my robe. Before he does anything else he runs his hands swiftly all over me. "Maxon!" I scream. I burst out laughing. He laughs in my ear. His hands keep running all over me. He hits my sensitive spot and I scream.

Once again Aspen and other guards bursts through the door. Guns out and everything. I quickly throw my robe over and tie it. Maxon is still on top of me. "We're good. Just having some fun," Maxon says laughing. I stomp on his foot. He yelps and falls to the floor.

Aspen and the rest of them rush over. "I'm okay," Maxon grunts waving them away. He jumps in circles trying to distract the pain. "Aspen we're good," I say.

"We're really good here," Maxon snickers. I elbows his stomach and he falls again. He holds his stomach. "Damn you hit hard!" He says. I give him a look. He jumps up. "We're fine," he says, "we'll yell if we're getting killed." They all head out the door they came from.

"I'd appreciate if you not inappropriately say things," I say sternly.

"Yes mommy," he says in a high pitched voice. "When exactly do we have to go back to being King and Queen?" I ask.

"Today," he says calmly. My eyes almost pop out. I'm not ready to be queen again. I have to get back into routine. I sigh at the such short notice. "When did you know about this?" I ask.

"Yesterday," he says.

"Well, I better get ready," I say heading to the bathroom. "I think you might need some help," Maxon says. I stop him. "If you don't ready we're going to be late. If we're late you're not getting any of this tonight," I say, "while the two of us get ready, you should do the same." I push him with one finger. He doesn't budge. "What if I fall? No one is going to be able to save me."

"Then call for the nurse. I'm sure she can get you a wheelchair," I say shutting the door. But of course it's not that easy. He stops the door with his hand. "Did you think I'd give up that easy?" He says.

"Maybe."

"Well I'm not," he says. He squeezes through the door and chases me in the shower.

Maxon goes to his room to change. I grab my light blue dress with lace flowers everywhere, and my usual sandals. I get a white little head band and put my hair up into a wavy ponytail. Aspen is back into his uniform.

He comes with me to breakfast. Maxon is sitting there already. "Good morning again," Maxon says getting up to kiss me on the cheek. He pushes me up to the table. "You need to eat more now that you're eating for two," he says.

"I wish we didn't have to go back to work. We could be in bed right now. Asleep," I say, "You know since I'm pregnant. I'm sleeping for two now." Maxon laughs at me and shakes his head at me. "I guess you signed up for this."

"Actually I didn't. I just wanted the food til you kicked me out."

"I guess that's true," he says laughing with a mouth full of food. "We should take another vacation. Maybe today?" I say.

"I don't think that's how it works," he chuckles. "What if we run away. Get new identities and go near the beach. That would be amazing." Maxon just keeps laughing at me trying to out of work. But he is right. It's my responsibility I said yes to it. It's all worth it in the end. I got to marry my sole mate and love him forever.

We both finish eating. Maxon stares at me. "Are you sure you've had enough? There's a baby in there you know," he says. "Really? I didn't know," I say sarcastically. "I guess it's off to work for us," he says getting up. I groan. "How about I come to your study. That way we both can work and spend time together," he says.

"I don't think we'll be very productive. Besides I'm fine. I'll see you tonight."

"But I don't know if I can be away from you that long."

"We will see each other at dinner."

"But that's so long from now," he whines. "Bye," I say walking off. He scoffs. "Are you just going to leave me crying!?" He shouts as I go down the hall. "Bye!" I yell, "Me and the baby are going to go work!" I hear him laugh.

I get up to my study. I sit at my desk. I let out a long sigh. I guess it's back to work it is. But this time I have company. If I talk to myself I could talk to the baby. "Do you like to work on budgets?" I ask the baby. "I don't either, but I have to. You will too. I love you little guy or girl. I kind of want to have two girls and two boys. I want quadruplets. But I'll love you no matter who you are. I guess I need to start working."

Papers are already stacked on my desk. I let out another sigh. Back to work for us. Yay. Not really.