Chapter 48

America's POV

I pack my bags. Which is nothing inside besides pillows. We wanted it to make it puffy, so it would look like I had stuff in them. I grab a long coat and a scarf. Snow still dusts the ground. Its starting to melt a lot. Soon there will be none.

Maxon helps load the car up. The driver is in on it. It's just Carter dressed up with a beard and sunglasses. Aspen is in the car with me. A guard has to be with me and Maxon at all times. And whose better than Aspen to take with me. My maids are waiting in my room for me. We have Paige delivering food to Maxon. Officer Avery is in on it too.

Mary and Paige stay in my room while I'm gone anyways. They have to clean. "Ready to go your majesty?" Aspen says. I nod. I give Maxon a kiss good bye for looks. Just in case if they're watching. "Have fun," Maxon says. I climb in the car, then Aspen. "Love you," Maxon says. I wave at him and Aspen shuts the door.

I see Maxon get smaller and smaller as we drive away. He still stands there. He said I love you to me. I haven't heard those words, for what feels like forever. I can't say them back. My feelings for Maxon aren't there yet. I love him, but I want our love to have a strong passion. When I say I love you to him, I want to mean it.

Aspen nudges me. "Hmmm?" I say. He motions his hands for me to duck down. He does the same. Aspen draws his gun out. "Why do you need that?" I whisper. "Just in case if someone catches us. Avery is making a clearing for us. Marlee is on watch near your room. Your maids have already prepared lunch for you in your room," Aspen whispers, "How's it look up there Carter?" Carter nods his head slowly.

"Pulling in the garage. Phase three in action," he says in a low voice.

"What's phase three?" I whisper.

"He going to pull into the garage. Look for the clear. And we're going to bolt through the safe room. Then it will be all good," he whispers. Carter gets out then opens the door. Aspen pushes on a wall then the safe room door appears. Carter tosses him the luggage then we bolt to my room. Tiny lights brighten our way to my room.

Aspen pushes a wall and it flips open. My room is revealed and my maids wait on the other side. "Your majesty! Great to see you're back safe!" Mary says. Aspen gets through with my bags. He puts them on the floor and speaks into something in his ear. I look back at the wall, and it's like nothing was ever there.

"What are you going to do?" I ask Aspen.

"Stay in here. Maxon is going to get Emily in here somehow. Then we'll arrest her. We'll be very 'back door' when we arrest her. We don't want the other rebels running off and knowing something's up."

"Where are you going to sleep?"

"That couch," he says pointing to the one in front of the fireplace. I nod. "We have enough food for both of you and Maxon," Paige says. "You guys can take a break. It would look weird if you spend two days in here," I say. They both hurry out the door.

Aspen loads his gun up with bullets. "Fifty bullets in this tiny gun. Automatic too," he says putting it in its holster. "How are you and Lucy doing?" I ask.

"We're trying to move on. She's never the same. She tries to be happy and cheery, but I see the sadness in her eyes."

"I can't say that you'll get over it. You'll always remember your baby. Even if you didn't even meet it," I say looking down. "We were going to name him, Elec. After my father," he says blankly staring out in thin air. I give him a friendly hug and pat his back. "It's going to be okay," I say trying to comfort him. He pulls away and straightens up. He gets up and paces around the room.

Maxon comes through our adjoining door. "Plan went well?" He asks. We both nod. He comes and sits next to me. "Emily will come tomorrow. She sent a note. I'll try and get her in here. Aspen and Officer Avery will be waiting here."

"Sounds great!" I say. He kisses my forehead. "I'm glad this is going well so far. I'm ready to end this drama," he says. "Me too," I say. Aspen goes in my study to give us some privacy. "Please America. Just say it. If you'll say it, I'll say it a million times. I love you, America Schreave. I'm yours forever," he says grabbing my hands. His chocolate eyes look in mine. I bite my lip unsure what to do.

"I don't know. I need a solid answer," I say softly.

"For what? To know how much I love you?" He asks, "or if you love me?"

"I don't know," I whisper. He gives me that smile that makes me melt. "I love you. You're the only person in the world that matters to me. My love for you will never die out. It grows everyday when I see you. Even if you don't say anything my love explodes for you. You're so beautiful I'm jealous. If I were a girl I'd want to be you, because you're so damn beautiful!" He says. I blush at the last part. His lips get closer and closer. Until they finally reach mine.

Every kiss we share, my whole body feels alive. It's like it's awoken me from a deep slumber. I pull back with a smile across my face. Maxon does too. "I love you and I hope you know that," he says playing with the ring on my finger. He twists it around and around.

He jumps up and holds his hand out. "Would you like to dance?" He asks. "I think you know my answer," I say giving him the look. He drags me in the middle of the room anyways.

He puts a hand in my lower back then tangles his other in mine. Then I rest my other hand in his shoulder. I lay my head on his chest. We just sway back and forth. "Why are you always so perfect?" I ask. Maxon chuckles in my ear. "We're just perfect for each other," he whispers. We are perfect for each other. Everyone has been telling me that and I just ignore them. But we are perfect for each other, and always will be.