Chapter 5

I wake up to the wind swaying the curtains. The sweet Angeles air fills the room. My head rests on Maxon's chest as he sleeps. His arms wraps around my waist. I carefully sit up and move his arm.

I walk out onto the balcony. The slight breeze blows my hair. I take the hair tie off my wrist and put it up into a pony tail. I rest my elbows on the railing. The sun peeks over the horizon if trees.

Two muscular arms grab my waist. Then a pair of lips graze across my neck. The hands travel up to my shoulders. They slide my strings to my nightgown off. I twist around and face him. Our lips meet as if they've never before. He slides my nightgown down my body. "Maxon," I say giggling, "people are in the gardens. They could see us."

"As long as you're with me I don't care."

He picks me up and puts me on the bed. He kisses me and slides his hands down my curves. My hands explore his silhouette on his stomach. We're both kneeling on the bed having a big make out fest. His kisses get more intense, with more passion and meaning. I pull back getting a breath. "Maxon," I whisper. "Mmhmm," he says kissing me. "I think we need to get ready." He pulls me in for a kiss. Our kiss is like the last one we'll ever have together. Long and cherished. "Don't expect me to leave it there," he says getting up. "I'll see you at breakfast my dear." I glare at him.

I hop in the shower and wrap a towel around me. Once I step out of the bathroom Mary and Paige have a deep blue sun dress out. They put my hair into a ponytail like it was, but neater. It's a long wavy tail. I slide some white leather sandals on and head to breakfast.

Maxon is no where in sight. He must still be getting ready. Maids bring eggs, ham and toast. I sip my orange juice to wash down the food. Maxon comes in with his hair in a cute little mess. His forehead is sweating a little. "Hey," I say. He comes over and touches his lips to my cheek. "Good morning," he says out of breath. "Sounds like you just ran a mile," I say, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You're sweaty and your hair is in a cute little mess." He chuckles to himself. "Just trying to get things situated for the day." Maxon always runs everywhere in the palace. It's like he's a chicken running around with his head cut off. "Tonight for dinner meet me in my room," he says and a smirk plays across his face. "Okay," I say, "I have to go to a meeting. Love you," I say getting up. Maxon blocks my path out. "You're not going out without a fight."

He grabs me by the hips and pushes towards him. One hand is reeling me in while the other in cupping my cheek. His lips hit mine. The kiss gets more fervent and lively. His hand unzips the back of my dress. I'm too lost in him to notice were out in the open. He leads me to the empty part of the table and leans me on it. My hands play with his belt. He helps me unbuckle it and unzip them. His hands slide my dress off my shoulders. He kisses me with a burning passion, greater than before. I hear boots hit the marble floors and freeze. Maxon does too. "Sorry to interrupt your majesties, but the advisors request your presences immediately. It's very pertinent," the familiar voice says. I peek over his shoulder, and shield my barely covered chest. The emerald eyes stick out the most. It's Aspen.

"Tell them we'll be right there," Maxon says kissing my neck.

"With all due respect, they mean now," Aspen says.

"We'll be right there, Leger. We'll finish up. You're dismissed," he says then the sound of boots fade away. Maxon slide his hand up my dress revealing my underwear. "Maxon," I giggle. We're on a table making out. Who would've ever thought of that. I yank his tie off and rip his shirt open. He slides his suit jacket off and puts it aside. "Where are they?" A voice booms but at the moment I don't care. "Fine I'll get them myself. "Maxon," I whisper but he keeps kissing my neck. "Your highnesses," says a stern voice. I can tell it's an advisor by the way he talks. Maxon doesn't stop he ignores him. I pat his shoulder, "I think we need to stop," I whisper to Maxon. "We've requested both of your presences to the board room. Immediately," he says, "I'll be waiting outside the room." Then walks off around the corner.

Maxon gets off of me and I sit up holding my dress up. I put it back on my shoulders and hop off the table. It falls back to my knees. Maxon's toned chest and stomach are exposed. A white dress shirt cover his back. "Zip me up?" Maxon gets close to me whispers in my ear, "We are finishing this tonight," he whispers seductively. His fingers pull the zipper back up. He zips and buttons his pants and grabs his coat. I help him button his shirt. "I guess no tie today," he says laughing. He throws his suit coat on and wipes the wrinkles away. "Oops almost forgot," he says looping his belt through.

He puts an arm around me as we walk to the meeting. Luke, the advisor from a moment ago follows us. When we walk in the murmuring stops. All eyes go to us. Some of them smirk. Maxon takes a seat next to me and scoots closer to me. "What's so important?" Maxon says. "Your majesty you've just been kidnapped. We've discovered a major base of Southern rebels. Our special forces disarmed the base or camp. We've taken at least a hundred people into custody."

"Did you catch the people who are responsible for taking me?" I ask.

"Actually yes. One man who was one of your captors will not speak. He will only speak if you're in the room."

"Tell him he can rot in a cell for all I care," I say.

"Noted," an advisor says.

"Is this what was so pertinent?" Maxon asks. 

"We have intell that the leader of the rebels is many people. Not just one. We have a leader in custody as we speak."

"We are sentencing your captors and the leaders to death." I cringe at the thought. Anyone getting killed makes me sick. I don't know if I could watch. I'd have to say I'm sick that day. I feel Maxon shake a little. I know he doesn't want to do it.

"Is that all for this meeting?" He asks.

"Appears so."

"I must go and plan the Halloween festival," I say getting up.

"When will the event occur?"

"Next week."

"Okay."

Everyone collects their stuff and gets up. I head to my office and get to planning. I have most of it planned. From decorations to songs for the dances. I need to plan my costume. My outfit is the stars. I have a strapless ball gown with white dots on the bottom. The whole dress is a navy blue. The top has ruffles and I'm going to have a headband with a crescent moon on it. I give my planner to the designer working, and give Mary and Paige my design for my dress.

"This is a beautiful dress your highness," Paige says.

"America," I say reminding them.

"We'll get this ready for you in no time," Mary says smiling. "Maxon is waiting outside," she says. I make my way to his room. This day has flown by. I open his door and candles are lit around his room. He waits at the balcony doors, letting the light breeze flow in. "Afternoon my dear," he says kissing my hand. He brings me to his chest. "I was thinking we could skip to dessert," he says alluringly.