Chapter 6

Maxon's arms envelope me as my back is against his chest. All of our clothes are scattered across the room. The candles are still lit but are down to buds now. His legs wrap around mine. He breaths in my neck, nuzzling his way through my hair.

The moon shines in the room. Stars are scattered everywhere in the night sky. Maxon flips on top of me. His legs pin mine in between his. He runs his hand gently up and down my bare body. He kisses all around my neck then to my collar bone. I moan at the feeling. "I wish we could stay like this forever," he says kissing me. My hands feel his hills and valleys on his toned arms.

He flips me on top of him. I lay on him with my legs between his. I rest my arms on his chest and put my chin on my hands. He rubs my back up and down. His hands feel my hips, then to my thighs. They rest on my hips. He stares into my eyes. "I love you," he says. "Everyday my love for you grows. Even if I just get to see your face."

"Loving you has taught me a valuable lesson. You've taught me what love really means and how to love someone properly. I never want you to let go of me or me let go of you."

I put my arms behind his back and rest my ear on his chest. His heart beats vigoriously as his love for me grows. He's not the world to me. He's the my universe to me. He's my everything. I can't live a second without him.

I roll to the side of him and his arms hold me close to him. Within seconds we both have dozed off. I get up with a tossing and turning behind me. I lift my head up and Maxon is covered in sweat. His chest rises and falls rapidly. His breath is quick. I shake him but he doesn't wake. "Maxon," I say shaking him even more. His eyes fly open and he quickly sits up.

He rubs his eyes. They're red and poofy. I sit up and cover my chest with the sheets. He runs his hands through his hair and wipes the sweat off his face. "Are you okay?" I say rubbing his back. "Yeah," he says out of breath, "just a nightmare."

"It must've been pretty bad."

"It was the worst one I've ever had," he say massaging his temples. "You were gone. I was alone. Then a woman appeared and I had cheated on you. Then you appeared and saw me with her. You ran off crying. I never saw you again. I was alone and died alone with no one to miss me. You were off with kids and another guy. It broke my heart. I knew it wasn't real but it looked pretty real. It felt real," he says staring off somewhere. I hug him and kiss his cheek. "That won't happen. I will never leave you. You'd have to kill me and drag me out of here to do so."

"I love you," he says, "and I hope you never will forget that."

"I will never forget that. Not even til I die."

We both get back to sleep. We've been asleep for about two hours. Maxon kisses me and holds on to me. And always will.

I roll out of Maxon's arms and to the shower. Once I'm out he sleeps peacefully. His hair is in a little mess. His chest rises and falls slowly at a steady beat. Mary and Paige haven't come and got me. I grab a towel and wrap it around my body. I put my wet hair in a loose bun in the back.

I head back to Maxon. I kiss his cheek. He flutters his eyes open and smiles. He flies up and tackles me on the floor. My whole body shakes of laughter. He showers me with kisses. "Maxon," I say giggling, "I think one shower is plenty. I'd rather have a shower with water." He hops up and holds his hand out. His hands pulls me up to my feet. Surprisingly my towel stayed on during that time. I almost head back to my room but Maxon stops me. "Who said we were done?" He whispers. Then touches his lips to my neck. "I did," I whisper. He pouts and I open the door. There isn't a guard in sight. I bolt out of his room and get in mine. "Good morning your majesty," Mary and Paige says with smirks across their faces.